2.2 miss - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 miss
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:28 PM
my 96 sunfire has a miss...after about 5 laps it starts missin coming out of the turn.if i down shift to 2nd and then shift back to third it quits then coming out og the turn it does it again....was told it could be the head gasket cuz number 2 3 and 4 plugs are white...so i pulled the head off and number 2 and 4 exhaust valves are white?....is this my problem or is it something else?

Re: 2.2 miss
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:45 PM
just for the heck of it, pull out your fuel injectors and make sure the small inlet screens arnt pluged w/ crap.
Re: 2.2 miss
Friday, July 23, 2010 3:24 PM
White plugs are of course indicative of a lean condition. The motor goes into open-loop mode at 75% throttle or more and if you are running a '96 pcm there is no way to adjust it, via the pcm programming. The alternate is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (AFPR). Bump the pressure up a few pounds, to help increase the volume of fuel being fed to the motor. Watch not to go too far, you'll lock up the injectors with too much pressure. A good fuel pump, such as a Walbro, is recommended to support the demand. This is just a stop gap for the PCM. The best thing to do is to convert to a '97 pcm and tune the open loop fueling parameters.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search