2.2 vrs 2.3 eco dirt racing - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 vrs 2.3 eco dirt racing
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:48 PM
I would like to get some opinions, we have just finished our second year of dirt racing in Missouri. We are running a built 2.2 in a 2000 cavalier, 23 feature wins, 27 heat race wins out of 29 races, at 7 different tracks (dream season) Our home track is limited to single cam motors, we without a doubt have one of the strongest 2.2 engines around. Most of the tracks we travel to are twin cam legal tracks. I am thinking of having a twin cam engine built. What can you tell me about best year eco to go with, we are looking at a 2004 cav right now with the twin cam. If both engines were built to the max what would be the hp difference. (just looking for some pros and cons) thanks for the input. you all are always alot of help.

Re: 2.2 vrs eco
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:01 PM
sorry guys I have 2.3 im not sure it the eco is a 2.3 or 2.4. (thats why i am asking)
have found some other good post.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:39 PM
what would be the difference between a built 2.2 eco and a built 2200? alot if that's what your'e asking.

as far as the 2.3 and 2.4 stuff i'm not sure what the hell your'e asking? the 2.3 quad 4 and the 2.4 twin cam ld9 both came with more hp stock than the eco. might be a better bet for ya.

Friday, November 05, 2010 7:21 AM
2.3L OHC quad is the way to go IMO...use a highoutput bottom end with a SOHC top. IDK what your rules are as far as modifying motors but that is factory parts and most tracks i know of allow motor swaping between the same company/motor. Jeff on Quad4forums has a HO SOHC that he races and he does preaty good with that.
Friday, November 05, 2010 8:30 AM
The eco is a 2.2, not 2.3 or 2.4..........

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search