STOCK VS MODIFIED - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
STOCK VS MODIFIED
Friday, January 06, 2012 7:28 PM
I just bought myself a 03 cavy with 190xxxkm on it. l61 ecotec. 5 speed

I had seen a guy around town with the same car only the LS version ( mine is BASE )

He seems to have an aftermarket exhaust system ( I don't know if its cat back headers back headers or just a muffler )
And also a Ram Air Intake. Who knows what else, He had gauges as well. ( which I know some people just call RICE )

So I see him finnaly and I want to test what my car can do against slightly modified.

Well at the first set of lights we found We both spun the tires, I pulled on him in around second by about half a car and I was shifting around 5.400rpm Safe to say I got him that time.
The second set of lights we tried not to spin the tires, He pulled on me with a full car lenght ( as in my front bumper touching his rear ) at the start because I was BARELY touching the gas at the start lol. So I realized to put the pedal down. This time he was pulling from me until I realized I should let the rpms flow higher, So I was shifting out of 1 2 and 3 at about 6.100 and I was gaining on him and he knew but we didn't have enough road to do it safely. I was pretty please to learn that short shifting at around 5 rpm was beating him, I wonder how it would do with me getting closer to the red as it seems this car loves around 5500-6000 shift time to put the next gear into a higher rpm..

It was a pretty good benchmark for what I can expect from any bolt-ons. I read a thing how BOLT ons, like headers and better flowing exhaust LOVE high compression. So maybe all the bolt-ons don't really add anything and actually decrease the power of a car from the STOCK state. Unless you make high compression.

Anyways I hope you like the story, I know it was a bit dull and maybe hard to understand Im sorry.

Re: STOCK VS MODIFIED
Friday, January 06, 2012 9:54 PM
Right above your post wrote:STOCK VS MODIFIED - Racing Forum
Autocross (Auto-X), Drag Racing, Road and Track Racing spoken here. Street racing, on the other hand, is NOT spoken here. This forum is for legal racing only.

Error: Sig not found.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:36 AM
Lmao fail

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:15 AM

Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:48 AM

Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:02 PM
fail lol

Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:52 PM
with out a tune bolt on kill top end. builds torc alil but top end by by.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:48 PM
Also the base models are generally quicker than the LSS cars because they are stripped down bare bones car and lighter.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:20 PM
yeah dont risk it on the streets...there are a lot of tracks out there where you can tear up your car all you want for $10 on teen drag nights or whatever.
plus with 190k miles, be nice to that clutch. mine is at about 175k right now and im about to boost it.
but at least youre enthused about working on it and making it faster...just read A LOT before making threads as between here and ecotecforum there are a lot of good threads on what to do with your car.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search