Suspension settings - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension settings
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:12 PM
So anyone with adjustable suspension that races. What settings do you use?

List suspension type, settings front and rear, and type of racing.

FU Tuning

Re: Suspension settings
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:08 PM
Any suspension I have ever had on the car, adjustable or not... i run it how I drove it on the street.

Now that I have the STD R5's im leaving ride height where it is but going full hard in the rear, and probably not mess with the front.

some say to jack the rear up, or put footballs in to keep them from squatting...

Friday, December 13, 2013 5:10 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Any suspension I have ever had on the car, adjustable or not... i run it how I drove it on the street.

Now that I have the STD R5's im leaving ride height where it is but going full hard in the rear, and probably not mess with the front.

some say to jack the rear up, or put footballs in to keep them from squatting...

When I was on the Koni reds and Sportlines I had the rear full hard and front full soft. Drove it all over the US like that.

Now that I have the Tein coilovers I plan to adjust more.

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 14, 2013 7:17 AM
I'd have to double check my settings but I'm running two threads up from the bottom on all 4 corners on the adjustment collars.

I'm running camber on the plates up front and 1.5* shims in the rear. I'll have to double check front camber and damping settings as it been quite awhile since I adjusted my settings.

Car is mainly used for autox.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:26 PM
Mix of GC, Eibach, and custom parts. 525# front, 500-1000# progressive rear rates. Koni yellows custom valved for 2nd gen Eclipse in the front, and Saab 900NG touring in rear (both pairs are basically valved higher than off the shelf Konis).

Last I had it on scales, it was 57/43, with even ride height (about 1/2" fender gap, but not really comparable to 3rd gens). That's different now with a bunch of weight I've shed, but I haven't had it back on scales yet.

I normally run full soft in front, and 1/2 stiff in rear (always like that on the street). Sometimes I bump it up to full stiff and drop my tire pressure to compensate for tarmac. Since I ditched my rear sway bar, I've had much better control using tire pressures and shock stiffness. The fronts may be valved a bit high.

I do mainly autocross, but last year I had it on the road course a few times, and I'll be doing even more this coming season.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:36 PM
Tokicos d-specs with h&r springs. Attached the dragstrip, full stiff in the rear and 1.5 turns out from full stuff in the front.

On the street I run 3 turns our in the front and 4 turns out in the rear. Also running and addco rear sway bar.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search