Circle Track Bead Pops - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Circle Track Bead Pops
Monday, April 14, 2014 7:35 AM
Been racing 1/2 mile high bank dirt oval track for some time now. Been plagued with popping the bead off the right front tire. Generally run 42 psi or higher and have tried 65 and 60 series tires in various widths but still seem to pop the bead regularly. We run 5 degrees of camber in right front tire. Wheel bearing is good and run a 96 cavy 15" alloy rim. Lost a good race this weekend and I am determined to figure this out. Has anyone else had this problem? What have you been doing to help keep your tires up?

Z24 2002 Cavalier

Re: Circle Track Bead Pops
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:39 AM
We run tubes in the our tires, or try to anyway. Helps for the most part

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:48 PM
Are you limited to the type of tire you can use?

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:27 PM
Tire rules are
OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16-inch passenger tires
Racing, mud, and/or snow tires will not be permitted
All wheels must be OEM steel or aluminum wheels with a maximum width of seven (7) inches and a standard bead

I have tried to tube tires before. Nearly lost a finger in the process. I cannot find tubes for passenger radial tires. Most likely because they are not meant to have tubes in them. Do you have tubes that use the factory rim valve stem hole? Is there something special you do to put the tube in? I have access to a full shop and do all my own tires so maybe I am just missing something here.

Z24 2002 Cavalier

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search