skwirl vs tiburon GT V6 at the racetrack - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
skwirl vs tiburon GT V6 at the racetrack
Friday, October 20, 2006 9:15 AM
so I pull into staging and I'm changing a few things with HPT and I overhear a guy talking about his car. And i quote:

"...probably the sickest Tiburon in the scene right now..."

I had to roll my window up because i started laughing. This guy looks like he made a wrong turn on the way to the car show and ended up at the racetrack instead. A pretty aggressive bodykit, vertical doors, all that jazz. The rims weren't rediculously huge so maybe they weren't so bad and an actual human weight.

I could tell from seeing under the hood that it was the V6, however it looked stock otherwise. Didn't inspect it too closely however.

So luckily I end up next to this guy. I can barely contain myself because I know the tibby is considered a fast car while the cavalier is not.

I stage. He stages. Yellows count down and off we go.

from the launch we were pretty even but once I caught some traction I jumped about a fender in front.
second gear comes around and he's keeping up but i'm pulling on him ever so slightly.

7000rpm.. 3rd gear

he falls behind like he tripped and fell. I can only imagine he missed a gear causing him to fall way behind.. either that or he threw the race because I was doing so well.

skwirl cut a 14.98 @ 92mph not a good 60' or e/t but thats besides the point.

so I get back into staging and a few races later I end up next to him again.
I want him to not miss any gears this time because I want to simply beat him across the line while he's trying his hardest with the 'sickest' tibby in the scene.

1..2...3.. go

again, we're pretty much even until I finally manage to catch some traction and I jump ahead by half a fender.

2nd gear... we're pulling even but he had to shift into 3rd before I did and I started creeping away.
3rd gear I'm holding it out... 80mph... 90mph... then he flew past me like I wasn't trying.

14.91 @ 92mph for the skwirl to a 14.8 @ 102mph for the tibby

unless I'm missing something, a car that's n/a doesn't suddenly scream in the top end like that. My guess is that tiburon boy had to spray nitrous in order to beat me.

Larger engine, 6 speed (actually a inderence but whatever), and nitrous in order to beat a little ecotec powered 5 speed cav with some bolt ons.

I found it amusing. Its a shame I didn't bring the camera and have a nice vid of the whole thing. I'll post the slips up of our runs when I get home later this afternoon.

I just hope I run into him again when I get the patriot head and LZM cams in the car

Re: skwirl vs tiburon GT V6 at the racetrack
Friday, October 20, 2006 9:26 AM
Now thats funny. And funnyist part he's probley using something like a 35 shot. If he was using something larger he should have used it earlier. Nice one skwirly

Friday, October 20, 2006 10:33 AM
way to put it to him skwirly

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, October 20, 2006 10:58 AM
hey, track racing aint kosher here........here only rolls from 50 are allowed to be discussed....keep your track stories to yourself

but seriously...thats great...good for you

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Friday, October 20, 2006 12:40 PM
nice kill chalk another one up for the ECOTEC

The one, the only, ME.
Friday, October 20, 2006 1:17 PM
get boosted and tell me kill stories of faster cars........

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:55 PM
That's sad that the sickest Tibby on the scene could only muster a 102 MPH trap speed. Hmm, only if Rich or Jarrett lined up next to him. He would have been chewing on a rear bumper cover, lol.
Friday, October 20, 2006 5:54 PM
Nice kill, the sickest tibby is far faster than that though

I woudln't call them fast cars to start, even the V6 models ran 15 sec 1/4 miles just like a jbody. Either way I've seen several in the 12's before trapping much higher than 102. I'm sure the person who says they have the sickest jbody probably runs 18's

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:02 PM
Airtonics wrote:Nice kill, the sickest tibby is far faster than that though

I woudln't call them fast cars to start, even the V6 models ran 15 sec 1/4 miles just like a jbody. Either way I've seen several in the 12's before trapping much higher than 102. I'm sure the person who says they have the sickest jbody probably runs 18's

I have the sickest jbody and its mid 17's damn it.

Nice skwirl now jsut finish your mods and rape him so he has to up the shot and blow his motor to try and catch ya

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:12 PM
damm I wish we had a track in this state. nice kill tho

Friday, October 20, 2006 10:19 PM
ROFL

ECOTEC FTW!!!

Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:52 AM
Jason Anderson wrote:That's sad that the sickest Tibby on the scene could only muster a 102 MPH trap speed. Hmm, only if Rich or Jarrett lined up next to him. He would have been chewing on a rear bumper cover, lol.

yea seriously..

hit me up sometime man

Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:36 PM
those v6 tibs are actually pretty sweet when you get busy with them. My buds got the ripp mods kit and that thing moves. Sucks that the kid was such an idiot. Nice kill tho. I'm lookin forward to some good na times b4 u go turbo.

Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:49 PM
Why the hell have you gotten decent tires PJ?

Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:55 PM
Could be him...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Hyundai-Tiburon-Timeslip-3458.html

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:44 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:Could be him...

ya they are def better then the eco with basic mods.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:41 PM
the lemur wrote:
Skilz10179 wrote:Could be him...

ya they are def better then the eco with basic mods.

This guy has headwork and a 50 shot, don't tell me an eco w/ a 50 shot is not going to be on par with that time.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:14 PM
The page isn't working for me anymore. I guess I missed the headwork. I just saw catback and intake with a 50 shot. Those would be pretty good times for those mods. My friends tib with full exhaust and a cai was pretty damn quick tho. Thats kind of more what I was referring to. Its not as big of a difference when you get into forced induction or nitrous.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:21 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) wrote:
Jason Anderson wrote:That's sad that the sickest Tibby on the scene could only muster a 102 MPH trap speed. Hmm, only if Rich or Jarrett lined up next to him. He would have been chewing on a rear bumper cover, lol.

yea seriously..

hit me up sometime man

Hehe, i would have LOVED to be there ... i wonder what he would have thought running against me ...

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:44 PM
NICE TIMES SQWRIL....hey ive got a question for ya....have you done anything about tires yet or are you still running all seasons? and will you be running the car N/A when you put the head and cams in or are you going straight into boost?

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:19 AM
USJDM.....GOT YA B!TCH! wrote:NICE TIMES SQWRIL....hey ive got a question for ya....have you done anything about tires yet or are you still running all seasons? and will you be running the car N/A when you put the head and cams in or are you going straight into boost?

I'm still running all seasons on 14" steelies

the head and LZM triflow cams will be run n/a hopefully before the end of the season this year. I'm in a mad rush to get parts in to hopefully make it happen. I will not boost the car until I get a few passes with a poted head + cams. I may even run the car with the quaiffe LSD installed as well n/a and go for broke before I finally leave group A.

with the ported head installed my rev limiter is going to be pushed higher to 7500. With the LZM cams in the car before I broke it (oops) the power band would only start around 5000, but it would pull like a mad man to 7000. With the ported head in tandem with the cams, I should see a nice power increase not only in my lost midrange, but also up top where the car REALLY shines now.

Afterwards, when the skwirl does finally go boost, I have a feeling its going boost in a big way..

read: sleeved block, built bottom end, 9:1 compression, GT35R, 25psi, 8000rpm

Monday, October 23, 2006 10:23 AM
wow....that'll be one hell of a build/fast car.

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:37 PM
the project details change all the time which is why I don't like talking about it too much

whatever the means, the car will be fast as hell

I want the #3 spot in group A, and the #1 spot in group B

Monday, October 23, 2006 2:40 PM
nice job!! thats one thing i dont like about nitrous. just personal opinion but its like its not the car thats making the power. its awesome the speed it does allow, but its not the car thats making that. people will argue with me that superchargers + turbos are the same thing but thats how i feel about nitrous i guess haha. and i have alot of respect for n/a motors. keep it comin skwirl! i have faith in the 13.7!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:38 AM
My V6 5spd ran 9.5's all day long in the 1/8 with really crappy 60ft's. I had a couple good wins with it, a fox body 5.0 he was pissed, very close but I creeped the whole way, second gen auto eclipse (gst or gsx), I only had an intake and a glass pack, and finally a punk kid with an 06 SI with an intake. with mods they can surprise you, I'd say in the 1/4 it could have went mid 14's easy (the car was striped interior wise) only had about $600 in mods too.

the day I went to the 1/4 track we missed the sign up by 20mins. so we went home and the first stop sign I stoped at in town I got struck from the right and totaled it R.I.P.

View my MySpace
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search