What SCCA class. - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What SCCA class.
Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:17 AM
Hey guys. I read parts of the rule book, but am not 100% sure what class that I would be in for SCCA solo.

I have a 98 Z24 with the 2.4l and 5 speed. It has the following:

convertible strut tower brace
Motor mounts
warm air intake
lowering springs
D-spec adjustable struts
slotted rotors
225/50/R16 non R compound tires on stock wheel.
Stock seats, but semi gutted interior.

Thanks for the help guys.

Elemental Designs
Performance.Mobile.Audio.
alexl@edesignaudio.com
Warehouse Manager

Re: What SCCA class.
Friday, June 06, 2008 12:38 PM
lowering springs put you in STS. depending on your gutted interior and how lame your competitors are, they may call you out on the gutted interior and place you in SM

Friday, June 06, 2008 1:45 PM
STS was exactly what I thought.

I cant imagine anyone will put up a stink. I dont plan on being very competitive.

Elemental Designs
alexl@edesignaudio.com
Warehouse Manager

Friday, June 06, 2008 4:32 PM
Alex Lindeman wrote:STS was exactly what I thought.

I cant imagine anyone will put up a stink. I dont plan on being very competitive.

i thought the same thing when i first went out. had c/f hood and a few startin cryin bc i ran STS instead of SM. i finished second to last in STS that race. did it really matter? no but someone sure thought it did. tech guy next race goes "register in SM next time."

Monday, June 09, 2008 11:51 AM
That sucks....had you done any internal mods or had boost at that time?

Elemental Designs
alexl@edesignaudio.com
Warehouse Manager

Monday, June 09, 2008 12:03 PM
The semi gutted is whats gonna screw you for classing...

And your full of @!#$ when you say

Alex Lindeman wrote:I cant imagine anyone will put up a stink. I don't plan on being very competitive.

You don't plan on being competitive..... but your hoping no one will call you out on your mods that aren't legal for STS so you wont have to go to SM.

If you don't care then don't try to cheat and just go in your proper class and then go out and have fun.

Monday, June 09, 2008 4:17 PM
Alex Lindeman wrote:That sucks....had you done any internal mods or had boost at that time?

nope. internal mods to a certain limit or legal in your class. no didn't have boost either. just carbon fiber.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:13 AM
i went out my first bunch of times and ran STS i had a Fiberglass Ram air hood. eventually someone complained. so before i went AutoX the next time i put on a Black stock hood.

the only guy complaining was teh guy that usually finished just behind me..........

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:53 PM
Darkstars wrote:The semi gutted is whats gonna screw you for classing...

And your full of @!#$ when you say

Alex Lindeman wrote:I cant imagine anyone will put up a stink. I don't plan on being very competitive.

You don't plan on being competitive..... but your hoping no one will call you out on your mods that aren't legal for STS so you wont have to go to SM.

If you don't care then don't try to cheat and just go in your proper class and then go out and have fun.

I was only wondering what class so I knew what to pre-register in. How was I putting up a stink?

I was in STS until 5 minutes before people started to grid. Then someone brought it up. I was moved to SM. Which was fine, since I wasnt comparing my times to anyone else, just seeing if I could get better.

Elemental Designs
alexl@edesignaudio.com
Warehouse Manager

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search