Selling the Sunfire/Final Pics with new car - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Selling the Sunfire/Final Pics with new car
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:39 PM
Well, I got a new job and wanted to get rid of the car and get something a little nicer. Picked up a 2005 Focus ST, 5 speed, 2.3 Duratec, leather and Suede heated seats, leather wheel and shift knob cover with red stitching, ST specific suspension, moon roof, color matched molding, grille, and handles, and a few other goodies. So far I love it, in stock form it handles circles around my Sunfire. On to the pics, comments welcome.

03 Sunfire - Sold.

Re: Selling the Sunfire/Final Pics with new car
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:44 PM
you decided to upgrade a sunfire with a focus? i don't understand the logic. i've never driven a bigger rattle-trap p.o.s. than my girlfriend's dad's focus. if it was a brand new one, i could understand that, but imho that's a downgrade.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:46 PM
Maryland has those in the drivers ed glass when i was 16, lol

Saturday, February 06, 2010 10:16 AM
I don't see how this is a downgrade at all. The car is built a hell of a lot better then any sunfire or cavalier I was ever in. Its very quiet inside, solit and feels very well made. Not a downgrade at all, but to each their own.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Friday, March 12, 2010 10:05 AM
Only if it were an SVT focus, then I would see it as an upgrade.

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran
Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:32 PM
This is basically the 2005-07 version of the svt. It had the bigger 2.3 duratec, which puts the same power (avg between hp and torque, more torque than the svt but a little less hp. It also has the bigger sway bars, rear ford rally disc brake set-up, and stiffer dampners.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Sunday, March 28, 2010 5:08 PM
and corkeys car has ass warmers in the huggy seats,,,,,much better than cavys
Monday, June 28, 2010 4:50 PM
my buddy has the exact same car you have.
he put a KW V1 coilovers on it and some 18s
magnaflow cat-back
a header
and aem cai
and short throw shifter.

i drove it on a number of occasions since i don't drink and he does...... alot! lol

i have to say i liked it and i am by no means a ford guy.... im a diehard gm guy actually
fun and good handling decent power and a higher level of interior refinement. overall not to bad.

thats said give me a ls sport eco or ld9 z24 and 5 speed and i myself would be happier.

nice car man what are your plans for it? short term and long term?

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:30 PM
Beem a while since I was here, so what the heck.
Since I bought the car I put a Koni Yellow/H&R Race Spring combo on the car. SPC front and rear camber kits. Set of aftermarket 16" wheels with 205/50-16 rubber and I autocrossed the car a bit. Thing drives and handles awesome.

And a video of one of my runs.

03 Sunfire - Sold.
Friday, August 27, 2010 6:12 PM
Looks like it handles pretty decently for a sedan. Not too bad. I would only say those front hub assemblies are trash. I know, bc a girl I knew went through 3 in 2 years. All were Ford OEM parts, and they were just junk. She did have the base model, so idk if that makes a diffrence or not. But either way, nice car. Goodluck!

Monday, October 25, 2010 1:03 PM
Wow, havent stopped in here for a while. Last time I had the wheels off I checked and they were still good w/ 80K on the clock. I really do like this little car though. Currently have a K&N FIPK on the way, Trubendz exhaust in the spring. Then poly front and rear bushings, diff sways maybe. I should have a video of the car at the Auto-X with the wheels and suspension on it I will have to post.

03 Sunfire - Sold.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search