Snowy day in texas = very sad day for me... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Snowy day in texas = very sad day for me...
Friday, February 12, 2010 5:20 PM
Well I was driving down a road that was very slush like and slippery + I had very bald tires. Needless to say the car started going towards the ditch without me having any control whatsoever and ended up in the ditch crashed against a brick pillar,both airbags deployed. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet,the car still starts and moves. I don't know if it is fixable yet though. What would be my options? 1. part it out and move on 2. Get another car and transfer all my parts to it 3. try and fix it. So here is the pics of the aftermath.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq

Re: Snowy day in texas = very sad day for me...
Friday, February 12, 2010 9:29 PM
Ouch. Id personally start with a new Cav since its going to be hard to get that to be straight and th same again.

Glad youre ok though

Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:43 AM
TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:Ouch. Id personally start with a new Cav since its going to be hard to get that to be straight and th same again.

Glad youre ok though

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:40 AM
that car is very fixable, seems most of the damage missed your frame rail. i say join the club and fix it Mine was a total

Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:21 PM
What should I do about the radiator support or core support I dunno what it is actually called or if its one of the two I mentioned,and the headlight bucket? Can I have the link to your rebuild thread? I came across it at one time.

I really love this car to death and just got threw paying it off like 2 weeks ago. I have had it for 2 years.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:32 PM
02cavcruzin wrote:What should I do about the radiator support or core support I dunno what it is actually called or if its one of the two I mentioned

I believe the core support is the piece the attaches to the front horns of the frame, just one solid piece. The radiator support should be the one with a square and the two metal bars coming off it and the hood latch. Just do what I did, go to the junkyard. I rebuilt my entire front end for $160

Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:35 PM
I'm talking about the piece behind the headlights and above the radiator. Its bent towards the motor on the pas side.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:21 PM
from the pics i think your have yourself an easy fix. looks like you actually clipped it. i doubt you hit any thing severe but we need more pics still.

then again i can see the fluid bottle is up in the air. leads me to think that corner crumpled up. still fixable

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:23 PM

Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:19 AM
I will take more pics tomorrow. It just brings tears to my eyes every time I look at it. I will take under hood pics,closer pics,and what else can you all think of?

Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:25 AM
if you where closer i would but it lol

Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:05 PM
Here are the updated pics..

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:50 PM
Resurrected J wrote:that car is very fixable, seems most of the damage missed your frame rail. i say join the club and fix it Mine was a total

this guys car was worse !! lol . . now its better then stock.

Monday, February 15, 2010 7:19 PM
start over it can be fixed but if your not a skilled body/frame guy iand have the tools its not to bad but if not it could be really expensive..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:34 PM
Grab an 00-02 OHV and eco swap.

219whp - I <3 whine

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:02 PM
That Sucks Bro. Hey Cody bring that car down here to Austin I'll make Scott fix it for ya LOL. Yea it is verry fixable Ive been ther before but on the other end. Good luck and if you need us to help you find anything around down here let us now.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:20 AM
Well thanks guys for all the kind words. I have no idea how to do body work or anything of this nature. That's one of the reason's my car was relatively stock on the exterior because I didn't know how to paint or do any of that stuff....

I have a daily for now (92 eg hatch with a B20b,payed $500 for it.) until I can get the cavy back on the road then I will make profit off of the hatch, because I'm not a Honda guy by no means. The cavalier is by far a luxury car compared to the hatch....hahaha

Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:51 AM
not to bad of a fix but it may be cheaper to buy one with a blown motor and build one from 2

Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:24 AM
Maybe you shouldn't be driving on bald tires.....

Glad you're ok

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Friday, February 19, 2010 1:44 AM
Well I have two options.
Fix mine.
Or buy a 00-02 model 2 door cavy with a 2200 auto and swap my eco and 5-speed in it?
I really wanna fix mine because swapping everything over is gonna be a bish.

The only thing is I don't really understand is what to replace when the airbags deploy, and I heard of airbags going off on people because of static electricity and so on.

Friday, February 19, 2010 1:21 PM
The air bags have capacitors in side of them that store electricity for like 15 minutes after the battery power is off. So theyre more likely to go off from that than static electricity. Ive removed air bags from cars at my friends junkyard. We blow them up sometimes for fun.

Just make sure the car your pulling them from hasnt been hooked up to power for a while and youre cool.

Just connect it with the power off in your car. Youll be fine.

Friday, February 19, 2010 3:21 PM
Well I found a 00-02 model indigo blue 2 door ls with the 2200 and a 5-speed. They want $500 for it. It has a bad head gasket. I'm going to swap my eco and getrag in it and put all my aftermarket parts on her.
What all will I have to use from my wrecked car to make that one work with a eco? Harness,ecu,and motor tranny right?

Friday, February 19, 2010 8:58 PM
the part that would need replacing is the coresupport (metal piece that holds ur radiator) that's a weld in piece. u cna take the car to a collision/body shop and they could do the frame work for a few 100 bucks. then just finish the car off. but buying another car and swapping isn't a bad idea if you've never done any of that type of work. Sorry took me soo long to reply i don't get on here too often. the link to my build is www.cardomain.com/id/warrencav2k4

Friday, February 19, 2010 9:01 PM
azncav wrote:
Resurrected J wrote:that car is very fixable, seems most of the damage missed your frame rail. i say join the club and fix it Mine was a total

this guys car was worse !! lol . . now its better then stock.

Thanks Azn

Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:35 AM
Well I'm getting a 00-02 indigo coupe with a 5-speed 2200. I am going to swap the eco in it. Paying $500 for it.
What would be some pointers when swapping all the stuff over?

Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:57 AM
when removing bolts, put in ziplock bag and write where they go. take photos of the whole process. where the wires go and so on. trust me. makes life easier when u go to put everything back together. Take ur time. do not rush. and good luck post pics!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search