My 97 cavvert got totaled - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 97 cavvert got totaled
Monday, June 25, 2012 12:53 PM
Came to a stop at a red light on Wed and got rear ended hard by a 97 Honda Accord. Thankfully a cop stopped and coerced the guy's insurance info out of him (he didn't want to get insurance involved, offered me $200 cash instead).

Looked like it was only bumper damage, but called it in to my insurance company and scheduled an appointment the next day for them to look at it. The next morning I noticed a bit more damage. Saw a bunch of wrinkles in the quarter panel (he never hit the side of my car).

Showed up at the Progressive service center and pointed everything out. Their agent agreed and totaled out the car. Body rail got tweaked. Cut me a check right then and there for a lower cost and let me drive the car home. He said that the left rear tire might wear a bit faster, but otherwise the car was still roadworthy.

Going to hold on to the car and the cash until I can afford something decent. Might get a Pontiac G8.

Re: My 97 cavvert got totaled
Saturday, July 28, 2012 1:40 PM
Nice way to get paid! So they technically wrote up just under total and let you keep it with a clean title? I wouldn't even try to fix it, just drive on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search