Fun Winter Times - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fun Winter Times
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:19 PM
Recently was driving home from school on a friday afternoon, and suddenly struck a whiteout area on the highway. I started to gear down and turn on my hazards and about 5 seconds later I was into the back of a new F150....This guy decided to practically stop in the middle of a storm with no hazards and creep on the highway in his white truck Anyways I sat there for a few seconds and realized what had happened after both the airbags blew and tried to shake it off. I found my phone and went to see if the guy in the truck was ok.. as I'm walking up to him to ask if he was alright, another truck with a plow strikes the back of my car while I'm only ten feet infront of it. Needless to say, it wasn't a good weekend. Just wanted to share some of the aftermath with you guys, for those who have been in similar situations - you know the pain involved. I'm parting out the car, check the misc. classifeds for the info. Seatsbelts and airbags definitely save your life!!!

When the roads are like this we consider it a good day...

And here is the link to the car pictures.... Aftermath

'99 Sunfire - Bought April 07/Sold April 2010
'05 Sunfire - Bought May 2010/Wrecked Feb 2011
'05 lssport - soon???

Re: Fun Winter Times
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:51 PM
oh wow, your car got face and butt @!#$ haha. good thing you were out of the car for the second hit.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:55 AM
damn that sucks buddy, glad your'e ok.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:19 AM
Damn, where the hell do you live? Thats a lot of snow lol. Glad your ok.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:23 AM
Sorry about ya car man. Don't you just hate NL winters? I know I do.

Proud member since 99
Monday, February 28, 2011 4:13 PM
wow glad to see ur ok.

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:07 PM
Thanks for the concern guys, luckily I walked away unharmed. The other drivers and passengers were all fine too. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and had the whole 9-yard checkup and xrays and everything. Just a small case of whiplash... Anyways I'm stuck with my step-moms hand me down 2001 Alero as of now. Will probably be looking for another J similar to what I had in the late summer/fall. I finish school the end of April and don't really know where I will be, so I can't rush into buying something. The alero is a step up in class(hardly) but damn I miss driving a stick and the feeling of ownership just isn't there.

'05 lssport - soon???
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:13 AM
Aleros can be fun cars with decent potential!

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:04 PM
Holy back from the dead batman.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:50 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh this was brought back up from the dead. Anyways, I sold the car as is for $800(basically an engine and tranny sell) but there was still a lot of good interior parts, and 4 winter studded tires on the car.

As for the alero, I had it from February - July 2011 and then sold it. Currently drive an 06 Civic, and recently picked up a 07 CBR600RR. Guess some of you guys haven't learned and still are stuck modding these cars.
I'm not saying the civic is anything amazing, but 1000x better then any other GM compact. I'm also looking towards a newer vehicle here soon, which will be an upgrade in size, power, and luxury. Sick of small, uncomfortable, underpowered cars.

'05 lssport - soon???
Sunday, August 12, 2012 8:08 PM
tanner wrote:Guess some of you guys haven't learned and still are stuck modding these cars.
I'm not saying the civic is anything amazing, but 1000x better then any other GM compact. I'm also looking towards a newer vehicle here soon, which will be an upgrade in size, power, and luxury. Sick of small, uncomfortable, underpowered cars.

Pfft.......some of us ENJOY these cars, no matter how small, uncomfortable or underpowered they are. Obviously you have never boosted one, or you wouldn't say that, lol.

They are a lot more fun with some power under the hood, easy to work on and parts are almost always readily available.

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:09 AM
[quote=Kevin Richter

They are a lot more fun with some power under the hood, easy to work on and parts are almost always readily available.

^ This...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search