Poor Poor vert - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Poor Poor vert
Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:50 AM
Well I was leaving work the other day and someone backed straight into the side of my car. Repair estimate was $3700 and the estimated value of the car is $1900. So I'm waiting on a call, but we all know this means totaled. The good news is it is structurally sound enough to drive and the claims adjuster assured me I could buy it back. So I'll be taking a battery powered grinder to the junk yard and trying myself at body work.

Re: Poor Poor vert
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:12 AM
Good luck man. GET A MUCH bigger piece than you "think" you'll need.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:49 AM
I second that, much easier to cut off what you don't need later than to come up short. Good luck man, I think the door area will be the hard part.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:09 PM
thank god there are so many j's in the yard. i wish more were verts though, i needs some parts. if i were you I would grab the whole panel including the door jamb area, maybe some under the door as well

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 4:29 PM
you'd be better off with a sawzall and a drill and bits, take the whole panel and do it up that way, or look on ebay for somebody selling one, i think tabs got the one for the vert for like 50 bucks brand new.. I think don't quote me on the exact price. you can also look at the old thread from when they replaced said panel... might give some insight
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:55 PM
Well after what feels like a long time the insurance company came through.

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:23 PM
Ignore my other response! Looking good man like new
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search