Had an accident - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Had an accident
Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:04 PM
So the other day, I think it was Saturday night. I was driving home on a straight section of road doing 35mph maybe less. All of sudden it felt like I drove over Rail Road Tracks on a fresh paved road. My car shut off and would not into gear and I go the car to stop. It started up and I walked around the car and my front rim is mangled, and my rear rim was bet. My sway bar end link is broke. The control arm and sub frame looks ok. Is there anything else I should look for? There is power steering fluid all over so I am assuming the pump is bad. Insurance company talked about totaling the car. I am not sure if the strut is bad, the car feels like it leans a little toward the passenger side and the passenger side is now softer but that could be because the sway bar is not connected. The car goes in Monday to get the alignment checked.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Had an accident
Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:11 PM
This is what the car looked like less then a month ago.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:22 PM
easy fix for car issues.

if those are ssr wheels Trey Latham on here is selling his for dirty cheap (350)

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:34 PM
They were exel rims and they do not make them any more in Silver and dark silver. They do not even make them any more with the lug pattern. I am not really worried about rim as my factory rims are in prefect condition. I just would like to know if anything usually bends when you hit something like control arms or K member. I have never had an accident where I ran something over especially with a car that doesn't have a solid sub frame.

How good are autozone sway bar bushings?
How hard is it to remove the pump since it is connected to the timing chain?

I have never used autozone suspension parts on my cars. My 2nd gen has all energy suspension graphite poly bushings and custom aftermarket suspension parts.

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:03 AM
Honestly, I don't go to AutoZone first for parts from my experiences through work. I'd suggest looking at NAPA or Advance first for parts. Good luck with everything.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, December 14, 2012 6:50 AM
From personal experience the ball joint takes damage from hard hits.
Friday, December 14, 2012 7:21 AM
the rims can be repaired. just search around for a shop that can fix them. that is if you wanna save them i mean. lol

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:13 AM
The pump is held on by 2 bolts, it runs on a hex drive in the end of the cam, it will slide right off once you unhook the lines. Easiest power steering pump you will ever change.

Have a nice day.
Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:39 PM
kind of wanting to comment though its a few months old....I sure hope you called the city and filed a complaint for them to repair at no cost to you. if its a defect in the city roads, its their responsibility. I had a highway pothole take out a tire in my 92 Z28 in '99 and the city offered to compensate for the tire cost. I told them not to worry about it because it was only a $120 tire or something that I had already paid for by the time they got back to me.

your taxes pay for roads to be maintained.

whatd you end up doing?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search