Well The Cav might Be Totalled Out - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well The Cav might Be Totalled Out
Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:06 PM
Well this actually happened this past wednesday so 2/23 was on my way home and hit a slick patch on the highway. Funny because the car start hydroplaning after this car went flying by me at a high rate of speed.. I was doing 60 posted limit is 55 after the car flew by me I felt the front end of the cav lift up and start sliding.. Anyways it hydroplaned at 60mph sideways then slid head first into the concrete divider wall deploying both air bags then spinning the back of the car around into the concrete divider wall then spinning me across 4 lanes of traffic. it was 130am thankfully not many people were on the road.. I was able to recover the car before it slid into the next concrete wall on the far side. Well after I dialed 911 I didnt get out to look at the car being on a major highway with people flying by.

Highway patrol shows up about 30 mins later looks at the car tells me to drive it up off the highway to the emergency area 1/4 mile up the road sure enough it started up and drove fine off the highway.. I got out looked at the car the back end didnt look bad at all just scrapes of paint missing here and there.. the front the bumped was crushed the radiator support area and radiator were pushed in.

Well heard from the body shop on friday sadly I dont have pics of it because the body shop has been busy going over it getting estimates I find out tuesday if it is totalled or not.. damages are at 9086 dollars and 86% on the body shops totalled list even though it is driveable because the sub frame is now more on the drivers side. I'm thinking they will total it I can hope they dont but at that amount have to admit its a 03 LS Sport its most likely going to be totalled since blue book is around 10 11k. So if it is totalled im stripping parts off of it lol no they wont be up for sale because they should for the most part fit on my new car since ill be looking at a ION Redline since insurance would be cheaper and my header and muffler can fit on it. Any parts that i can not use the locals here will have first dibs on.

Also not sure if ill go redline route was car shopping found a 30th anniversary SS camaro white with orange stripes and white rims in mint shape for 7k also found a 95 or 96 m3 i forget which year in mint shape for 12k so might look at going for one of those.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO

Re: Well The Cav might Be Totalled Out
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:36 AM
dude that sucks.... glad that your ok.. good luck to you with the insurence company... i have been screwed by my insurence company every accident i have ever had so hopefull you wont... good luck..

Monday, February 28, 2005 12:39 PM
oh no my insurance is covering it ive got a 500 dollar deductible.. they are just trying to decide if its worth fixing or just paying off and scrapping. friday they had me set up for a rental car for the next month too

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:17 PM
hey man if i can be of any help let me know... i work at a body shop and i handle the estimating and ins claims and total losses and stuff. so yeah if i can help let me know..

darksidealtima@yahoo.com

laters

and goodluck with it all

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:37 PM
Sounds familiar. Cept I was going a tad faster and my bags didn't deploy. weird

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:29 AM
well the cav is officially dead.. yesterday morning i got the call my insurance company has declared it a total loss.. they are paying there half of the car off and my gap coverage is taking care of the other half.. saturday im going to the body shop to strip parts off of it.

also doubt ill buy another J i dont have much luck with them my 97 RS got rid of that because after GMs steering recall fix my steering was going out along with the brakes and electrical and trans traded that for a base 03 coupe within 2 weeks it was wrecked my brakes failed avoiding a down conctruction barrier in the road then this 03 ls sport was the replacement had it for almost 2 years and it hydroplanes into a damn wall.. im going back to what im use to driving probably a newer SS camaro since i had a 72 SS camaro and a 93 lx mustang and never had any issues with those at all braking wise and sliding wise ya they come loose in the rain but they never hydroplaned sideways on me on a highway.

AZ-JBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search