Please read, I need your helping eyes .org - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please read, I need your helping eyes .org
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:24 AM
Well some genius decided he'd rather use my car than his brakes yesterday morning at about 30 mph I'm guessing. But this guy HIT and RAN on me , unfortunately I was leaning forward (I was at a complete stop in front of a middle school in full morning traffic) when he hit me so I ended up with some whiplash and a nice concussion. This is when it starts gettin gay, the guy came to my window to see if I was okay said he was gonna pull over, but then went to his car and dissappeared. I have several witnesses, but they were all pretty much useless, no make no model,,, they couldnt even agree on a color

BUT I found about 80% of this guys front passenger headlight,,, So this is what I need you SKILLED AUTO GURUS eys for, does anyone know what vehicle this mess may have come from? I think there is a chrysler stamp on the backside of one piece, and the color is like a dark metallic silver. If you think you know shoot, thanks in advance

The carnage

The evidence (srry bout the duct tape, only thing I had to put the puzzle together)

This piece had the chrysler logo stamped on the backside, and RH which makes since since his passender front hit my driver rear.

Another view of pieces of the headlight

Once again thanks in advance, hopefully I can find this guy

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg

Re: Please read, I need your helping eyes .org
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:31 AM
Wish we had that edit button, lol.

But I have High Res of those and can take more pics angles if anyone thinks it would help.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:51 AM
looks like it could be a chrysler. something not too new looking to me, but i could always be wrong.

possibly a concorde.

is there any of the stamping left on the light? try taking it to a chrysler dealer and seeing if the can pull a part number off of it.

also, call the bloody police! if you havent already. tell them it was a hit and run. i hope you got some of the witnesses info.

check at the school aswell and if there was any businesses in the area, they may have had a security camera or something pointing in that direction.

good luck man, hope you get the bastard!

Injection is nice but id rather be BLOWN!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2290307
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:53 AM
The school was my best hope,, but their cams didnt catch it
And the cops are involved for sure..

I believe its a Chrysler LHS, but I was lookin for some more opinions

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:18 AM
I think it looks like an LHS as well.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:23 AM

That kinda looks like a match to me, maybe present a picture like this to the witnesses or give them a line up?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:32 AM

I was going to post that picture, but wanted unbiased replies.
The best part is they only made that style from 94-97,, now I'm just trying to find out if that color was available every year.
thanks yenkosupercar

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:46 PM
go to the wreckers or a chysler dealership and show them the piece you have. tell them you hit a pole or something and you need a new one. chek out the sizes and see if everything lines up, then just walk out of there no that you know what car it is 100%.

a dealership with one sitting outside would work too.

Injection is nice but id rather be BLOWN!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2290307
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:16 PM
yenkosuprcar wrote:

That kinda looks like a match to me, maybe present a picture like this to the witnesses or give them a line up?

Thats a dead ringer.. cuz follow the trim peice.. it even has the little tab at the bottom. If u know the year that body style was.. report it to the police and have them do local DMV searches.. and they SHOULD be able to check out the addresses at the car and match it up to if its been hit and maybe has some white paint scuffs.. police most likely will help u out because it means good charges for them to place.. if cops wont do it i do beleive u can do the DMV searches by request.. might have to pay a lil tho..

Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:06 AM
That's what I was hoping for. I called the cop and left a message saying that it had to be a 1994-1997 chrysler LHS and that is was silver. Still no replies, and that was on Tuesday, so I will call him again today.

It would be so awesome if I could do a DMV search, do they really release that stuff to the public? I would certainly be weilling to pay for that information. Off to check the DMV website.

It's times like these that I wish I knew a cop.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:38 AM
I might have finally caught a break here. I just got off the phone with a local junkyard, and they had a guy call in that very same day looking for a hood, front bumper. passenger fender, and headlight for a 1995 Chrysler LHS. And he left his name and number !

Unfortunately the yard won't give me the info, but I left a voice mail for the officer involved, so hopefully he will follow it up. Either way, I am going to the junk yard when I get out of work to talk to the manager and see if he will be more cooperative with me than the peon I talked to on the phone. Even if they won't give me the guys info, I'm hoping they'll get him on camera or get his plates at least when/ if he comes back for the parts.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:49 AM
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

That is @!#$in awesome!!! Tear his ass up!!

Good luck man!

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:47 PM
awesome man.. good luck with it

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:45 AM
I'd have the junkyard owner cut him a deal and set up a time to pick up the parts, and when the time arrives have you and the officer waiting there.

Best of luck.

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:04 AM
LOL, sadly I actually tried that, I said tell him the parts are ready and that he can get some sort of discount, but they weren't being very cooperative.

However, I finally got the right cop on the phone, (the guy handles all hit and run accidents) And he sounded pretty excited when I was tellin him the whole story, so hopefully he will follow it up and we can catch this dickhead.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions all, I really appreciate it. I keep inching closer to finding this guy

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:17 AM
oh man is karma a bitch, please catch this guy man!!

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:43 PM
That sucks man Good luck catching him! Hopefully its the guy!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:21 PM
Thanks again everybody, all I can do now is stay persistent and keep my hopes up.

Woot- You're car is pure sex man, if mine isn't beyond repair I can only hope that it could look as nice as yours someday.

On a positive note today I bought an 06 Cobalt SS/SC Sunburst orange metallic. I can't wait to get her sexy ass in my driveway tomorrow. So I will soon have some pics that aren't quite as depressing

Then if I find that douchebag he can help me with the payments, lol

Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:00 PM
that is some good detective work there, nice job.

My Myspace Page
Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:43 PM
Thanks James, I hafta say I've always been a big fan of your ride, very well done and just sick on the audio. You still running the 4 JL's? I met you last fall when I came in to get some stuff for my install, you were cool and helpful.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:16 PM
any luck with the detective?

I'm the new cancer.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:40 AM
I will follow up with the officer tomorrow and see if they called up the junk yard or not. And if they havent I'll call the junkyard myself to see if that guy ever came back or not.

I figure if he's trying to fix this all by himself he has alot of work in front of him. I wouldnt want to have fix that much damage by myself in my garage. So he might have a weeks worth of repairing the mechanicals before he's even ready for the hood, bumper, fender, and headlight that he ordered.

But in the meantime, my Cobalt is being detailed at this moment, and I go to pick her up around 2ish. And then I get to continue my investigation to the music of supercharger whine

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:05 PM
My god I am in love with this car. Anyways until I get in contact with the detective again here are some happier pictures. I know an SS is nothing special, but I think this color is georgous,,, In better sun the paint is just flat out sexy.

The dealership still has to buff out a few minor scratches and replace part of the grill, something discolored the front grill inserts somehow. But they have another on order already, and I'm going to try and see if they'll let me keep this one,,, who knows maybe see if it looks good in body color someday.

Monday, March 27, 2006 1:10 PM
03eco33 wrote:I know an SS is nothing special

just because you have a cobalt doesn't mean that you have to have the top notch best model. An SS is still pretty peppy even though it is not supercharged.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=333805&t=333704#333805
Monday, March 27, 2006 1:23 PM
Juicez99cav wrote:
03eco33 wrote:I know an SS is nothing special

just because you have a cobalt doesn't mean that you have to have the top notch best model. An SS is still pretty peppy even though it is not supercharged.

he has the supercharged one....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search