You think this will buff out??? - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
You think this will buff out???
Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:04 AM
Need everyone's opinion on this one.....

A girl hit my passenger 1/4 panel which made me spin out and hit a lamp post on my drivers side, luckily i'm fine. All the glass blew outwards and down into the door. Getting a damage quote tomorrow...

Re: You think this will buff out???
Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:11 AM
yah, sure... just remember to use the coarse pad first, working your way toward the fine, followed by the foam... but seriously... seems like cavs are being targeted lately

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:25 AM
well the bags didnt pop off.......... a new door and some work right around the dent by the side skirt and a lil touch up im sure its saveable........ If your bags would of went off tho they would probably write your car off then. unless the body has bent or something

Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:09 PM
car should be fine, i bet it's going to be a few bucks to fix it tho

sorry to hear it man

Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:00 PM
As long as it doesn't get written off i'm happy, my friend keeps saying that it will and that it may be best that it does that way I can start fresh. Either way I'll still be staying with a JBody. Just gotta wait till tomorrow to get the damage quote and i'll go from there.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:02 PM
looks like you will also need a rocker and maybe the post too, thats welding in new parts. so that could get pricey. the passenger 1/4 panel can be fixed no problem, but the driver side may be stretched and passably mangled at the rocker.

it sucks man, hopefully they will fix it for you.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Friday, September 22, 2006 9:56 PM
that sucks!

car I have your supercharger

Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:07 AM
i think i want to cry

Saturday, September 23, 2006 3:03 PM
Well the car got written off, the insurance company said its worth $14,000 CAD and that I can keep all the parts I put on it. So i'm now in the market for another JBody. Now I just need to go through the hassle of uninstalling the supercharger which will be fun since I had the dealership install it. I definetly dont want to screw anything up uninstalling it. Oh and Darkstars, sorry but my supercharger is not for sale, lol. Yes i'm sad that my car is gona but i'm also happy cuz now I get to start fresh and do everything right this time

Saturday, September 23, 2006 8:08 PM
well if darkstars cant have it....

can I?
Saturday, September 23, 2006 8:48 PM
Well.........no!.....lol.

On a side note, i've found 3 2003+ cavaliers in 3 different colors, Victory Red/Ultra Silver/Black, any input as to which I should get? I'm kinda leaning towards either the black or silver, but i'm not sure. I don't have to make a decision right away so...

Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:17 AM
I didn't ask if it was for sale.... I asked if I could have it

how much did they charge you for install at a dealership? that had to be a kick in the nuts

Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:37 PM
I think install was $800 CAD give or take, cant really remember.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:19 PM
that actually not as bad as I thought they would charge

Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:16 PM
Alex (silver03cav) wrote:

On a side note, i've found 3 2003+ cavaliers in 3 different colors, Victory Red/Ultra Silver/Black, any input as to which I should get? I'm kinda leaning towards either the black or silver, but i'm not sure. I don't have to make a decision right away so...

Get the red one!

It sucks your car got hit, but you have to stop trying to recreate VW commercials!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:11 AM
Get whichever 03+ is a Sedan.
Sedans are better.

<Runs and hides in closet with a bag full of goldfish so I'm not attacked because of previous statement>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:07 PM
nah i've actually decide to not get a JBody now, i'm keeping some parts for a project later on down the road for myself but for now i've decided to move on now that I have the money and go with a car that i've wanted for some time. I'll post pics of it in the Other Cars Forum when I get it in a few weeks....

Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:48 PM
So about your whole suspension

I'm somewhat interested depending on price.

Specifically the coil overs...

Monday, October 02, 2006 2:28 PM
WOW , that sucks man

value at 14,000 , how much did they want to fix it ???

a new door , new front fender , and some labor (well alotta) , it didnt look like it hurt the roof

the rocker coulda be pulled out and filled in , or covered by a side skirt

i wouldnt think in US funds that it wouldnt cost more than 4k to fix

good luck with your new projects

admiral jedi , ive got a friend selling his gravana coil overs , he had them on his cavalier for about 100-150 miles , and bought a new redline , then decieded he wanted to sell his cav , PM me and ill send you his email , and what he wants for them

Monday, October 02, 2006 5:58 PM
I went to a local body shop and they quoted $8500 CAD, although the insurance company said that sometimes bodyshops quote higher so that the customer doesnt want the work to be done and they just write the car off but in my case the appraisor/insurance company wrote the car off anyway. So now i get to buy a nice cheap winter beater so that I have some form of transportation until spring which is when I will be getting my new toy . I plan on keeping some parts from the cavy because I am going to get another cavalier later next year as a project car to tinker with while i'm going to school to become an Automotive Mechanic. All my other parts though I will be selling, in due time. I wont go into full detail though since this isnt the right forum.

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:40 PM
still sucks , ida bought it back from theins company , althought not sure you can do that in cananda

good luck with your new projects when they happen

atleast it did happen before winter time , lol

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:18 AM
Yeah you can buy it back from the ins. company, the only thing they worry about is whether or not the person is going to make it drivable again.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search