The car that started it all is now gone - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The car that started it all is now gone
Friday, May 04, 2007 6:24 PM
It was 10 years ago, almost to the day. My 1984 Nissan 200SX was just about on its last leg. I had a decent job, and not a lot of bills, I decided I could afford a new vehicle. It was almost a given that it would be a Chevrolet. My friends all owned Chevys, and as far as cars and trucks went, that is all we ever talked about.

Once I took a good look at the Cavalier Z24, I knew thats what I wanted. It was very sporty looking, had one of the most powerful engines in its class, and was reasonably priced. After hopping from one dealer to another looking for the right car, and trying to get financed, I ended up at Gunderson Chevrolet in El Monte (I think its called Power now). With my parents help I got a great deal on the car, and got good financing.

Sometime in 1998 I found my way onto several J-body email lists. At the time the only decent web site was z24.com, and there wasn't a whole lot on it. I decided to follow the naming scheme of other popular GM sites f-body.org and y-body.org and I registered j-body.org. My goal was to bring everything together into one place. The rest is history.

Sadly I announce today that my days as a Cavalier owner are over. The car was returned to near-stock form (a few stray parts remained, that could not be easily changed). It was sold to a coworker of mine who needed cheap and reliable transportation.

To better days...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 04, 2007 6:25 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: The car that started it all is now gone
Friday, May 04, 2007 6:26 PM
sniff sniff , its gonna be a beater

gonna miss it

Friday, May 04, 2007 6:28 PM
So the owner of j-body.org no longer owns a jbody? Ouch.. Will you be getting another J, or like others going import? I loved your car btw, it was nicely done.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Friday, May 04, 2007 6:32 PM

I <3 Dave.org

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, May 04, 2007 6:33 PM

Hope it's going to a good owner.

Friday, May 04, 2007 6:42 PM
lone_wolf wrote:So the owner of j-body.org no longer owns a jbody?

I didn't say I'm no longer a J owner, I said I'm no longer a Cavalier owner. I do still have a Sunfire. I probably won't be doing a whole lot with that car, but I'm going to keep it as a fun little weekend driver for now.

bradsk88 wrote:Hope it's going to a good owner.

I guess that's the part I forgot to mention. He's a good guy, but he has some of the worst luck, especially when it comes to cars. He has had engines blow , quite a few fender benders, and one totalled car. He has gone through 3 cars so far as long as I have known him (5 years or so now?). I do hope for the best for him with this car though.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Sunday, May 06, 2007 8:36 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

I <3 Dave

Monday, May 07, 2007 8:30 AM

Sooo, will we see a bunch of for sale posts from ya?

Monday, May 07, 2007 11:38 PM
89Sunbird wrote:

Sooo, will we see a bunch of for sale posts from ya?

See below his sig.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:22 PM
Damn Dave, never saw your Cavy before. It looked pretty kickass, got anymore pics of it?
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 6:33 PM
thats actually pretty sexyyy

Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:13 PM
That's too bad.

Time marches on though...

Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:57 PM
wow i didnt even know you still had it Dave i thought you got rid of it back when you got the vibe. shows i pay real close attention

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search