Goodbye Cavvie :( - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Goodbye Cavvie :(
Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:10 AM
Hey. I stumbled across this website not long after I wrecked my 2000 Cavalier. I was merging into traffic, check all my blind spots, and got fishtailed by a Semi. If that would have been it, I could have driven away, but I had lost control of the car and hit the concrete guard rail. then I was pushed down it by the semi, who was pushing me from my drivers side door, until my bumper cover fell off. The good news is that I came out of it with an abrasion on my arm from where the steering wheel split and the airbag popped out, and a bruise about 2 inches under my knee.

Anyway, I decided to post the story here because I know everyone on this website loves their car as much as I loved mine. Hah, I was never really upset about being hurt, I was upset that the only car I have ever owned, that was given to me by my parents, was gone. We never had a problem with anything under the hood, and it had ~135,000 miles on it. I know I should have had full coverage on my car, but my insurance company told me that the value of the car wasn't worth having it. Which it really wasn't. When I insured the car, it was aready in poor condition from when my parents owned the car (1 parking lot accident that was never *really* fixed and a dent in the driver's side front panel) I would have only gotten ~1500-2000 for the car if I carried full coverage, and I would have put in 3x's that over the last 4 years.

I know I never put much into the car, hah the best i did was a kenwood mp3/cd radio, but my car had a real personality and I'm going to miss it.

Here is where the semi initially hit me:

This is the front end damage from the guard rail:

And this is where the truck hit me again, he was almost at a stop at the time. (the door still opens and closes, the window rolls up and down, it's weird)

Re: Goodbye Cavvie :(
Monday, October 01, 2007 11:13 AM
ouch

like with all glad you ok

and thank you for the carnage pics

Monday, October 01, 2007 1:37 PM
HOLY SH!T wtf happend ?????
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 4:01 AM
none also none wrote:HOLY SH!T wtf happend ?????

reading > you

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:41 PM
I'm really glad to see you're okay. That looks intense.

Your fight begins tonight.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search