Stupid Telephone poles - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid Telephone poles
Monday, December 03, 2007 3:16 PM
Well i came around a corner to fast in the snow... maybe 30 . Turned the wheel and kept going straight.Went right through a telephone pole... yes throguth it.The pole was so old and brittle that it snapped. I know that i was clearly going to fast for conditions and i feel very stupid

Pics are on the myspace... www.myspace.com/theycallmeschaffer

i made them viewable to everyone.

Re: Stupid Telephone poles
Monday, December 03, 2007 4:26 PM
wll i didnt relize you needed a myspace to look at them so here ya go

1999 2.2 auto
Monday, December 03, 2007 11:03 PM
ouch. looks like you have a little bit of frame damage
Monday, December 03, 2007 11:07 PM
Those poles snap so easily in the cold. I have seen it before when a huge truck hit the power line, snapped the pole because the pole had so much moisture and when it froze it became brittle.

But wow thats a nice little bit of damage
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:25 AM
JsUn wrote:Those poles snap so easily in the cold. I have seen it before when a huge truck hit the power line, snapped the pole because the pole had so much moisture and when it froze it became brittle.

But wow thats a nice little bit of damage

or maybe because it was just a huge truck and not a tiny cavalier

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:47 PM
Just the front rail where the radiator connects.
the rest of the body and frame rails are completley straight.

If i figure out that it's worth it to fix it myself I have some sunfire fiberglass fenders lyring around that i never put on. My cousin wrecked a z24 so im going to use several parts from her car, and i know some people at the junkyard. Plus i now get the chance to for a 2.4 swap

If it can't be fixed then i'll be parting her out.

1999 2.2 auto
Thursday, December 06, 2007 11:02 AM
The poles are designed to snap.

Saturday, December 08, 2007 7:47 PM
its totalled, no if ands or buts about it, dual air bag deployment is big money, then the body work.....adios cavalier!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:56 PM
Yea i know.. im parting out what i can.I'll be purchasing a sunfire soon enough... got a good deal on one.

1999 2.2 auto
Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:45 PM
wow, that's close to getting you in the noggin.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:56 PM
Well it apprears based on your tone your OK, so thats good to know for starters. Don't get to down on yourself its just a car! There will be another joy out there that you will own soon enough. Also i know you feel "stupid" but you came ok and hopefully you learned something and can take that knowledge with you in the future or even share/pass on to others!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 6:01 PM
bliZsham wrote:The poles are designed to snap.

Who told you that?

That sucks dude, iv had a few close calls like that, hell even when i wasnt going that fast...good luck with the new car

Sunday, December 09, 2007 6:04 PM
I definitely learned not to go fast in the snow.I'm just thankful that i didn't go 8 inched farther forward.The pole actually bounced through the windshield like it was a pogo stick.

I'll be getting another car soon enough... well as soon as i can part out this hung o junk.

A nice sunfire infact.

1999 2.2 auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search