Thought I would finally post the smashed pics of my old J - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thought I would finally post the smashed pics of my old J
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:53 AM
It's been a couple of years, and I never posted in here when my Sunbird (the car I had when I joined this site) got smashed.... I've been around for awhile and have a Sunfire now.... but considering how the WTF-Bird got smashed I decided to wait to post in here until now...

I'll leave out most the details, and wont post any pics of the other smashed cars out of respect unless the owners ask me to (if they are still members)...

It happened leaving a local J-body meet in the twin cites... we entered a car show and won a group participation trophy..... we where in a caravan driving to a park after the show (I was in back) when a big truck cut off the lead car..... a few people swerved and most others slammed on the brakes... I was the only 2nd gen there and apperantly 3rd gens stop better than 2nd gens... plus my ABS wasn't working at the time.. so I couldn't stop in time... no one was hurt.

The last 3 cars (me being one of them) hit eachother.... the one in front drove away with minor damage, the middle person (the one I hit) was still drivable but had to be towed due to the damage (rear end was pretty bad), and my car cought the worst of it.... My moter was pushed into the firewall, and actually sheared a head bolt or 2 in half..... it started but would only run on 3 cylinder while leaking every fluid that the car had....

well here's the pics....

I actually prepped and primered the car shortly before the meet... and the car was mechanically like new with a lot of work done to it... it just looked like crap

At the accident site (494 east bound in St. Paul, MN)

At the impound lot (those guys where dicks... but thats a whole other story)

I had to drive this truck for a while since I didn't have another car....

Now I have my new baby.......(had it for a couple of years now)

what she looks like at the moment (winter sucks)

Well.... there it is........ that was a horable day... but at least everyone was OK, and I have a 3rd gen know that I'm enjoying quite a bit more...

btw.... the 2ng gen is still in my profile and was up to date the day the car got smashed in case anyone is wondering...

Re: Thought I would finally post the smashed pics of my old J
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:57 AM
Weebel wrote:The last 3 cars (me being one of them) hit eachother.

last 4 cars.

i'm reminded of that day everytime i look at the z24 rear bumper. got a nice MN License Plate # embedded in it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:12 AM
^^^^^^^ where you in front of the guy driving the Silver Cavy with the black racing stripes? ....... I didn't know that anyone else actually made contact.... I thought it was just us 3.....

Now that I think about it.... that happened over 3 years ago (I think)

I still feel like crap...... I wish I just would have swerved and hit the center wall instead..... that way it woulda only been my car being towed away..... I tried.... but my tires locked up and I couldn't steer. I did get a ticket for inattentive driving (comes through as careless driving and an at fault accident on my insurance) but those two only raise my rates by about $30 a month for full coverage...

I don't know why I still feel so guilty about something I couldn't help... but I do.....

At least I learned from the whole thing I guess.......

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:51 PM
Whats so bad about driving an F150?

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend
Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:45 AM
Schaffer wrote:Whats so bad about driving an F150?

for starters.......its a ford

Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:18 PM
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:

last 4 cars.

i'm reminded of that day everytime i look at the z24 rear bumper. got a nice MN License Plate # embedded in it.

not to be an ass, but can you post a pic of that?

Friday, February 29, 2008 12:58 AM
Weebel wrote:^^^^^^^ where you in front of the guy driving the Silver Cavy with the black racing stripes? ....... I didn't know that anyone else actually made contact.... I thought it was just us 3.....

Now that I think about it.... that happened over 3 years ago (I think)

I still feel like crap...... I wish I just would have swerved and hit the center wall instead..... that way it woulda only been my car being towed away..... I tried.... but my tires locked up and I couldn't steer. I did get a ticket for inattentive driving (comes through as careless driving and an at fault accident on my insurance) but those two only raise my rates by about $30 a month for full coverage...

I don't know why I still feel so guilty about something I couldn't help... but I do.....

At least I learned from the whole thing I guess.......

yup. it'll be 3 years this august. i was in front of him. It was crazy. All of a sudden I hear a thud look in the rear view and see orange fiberglass bumper pieces flying and then bam. Jolted me forward in my seat pretty good. I just barely missed hitting Tanya in front of me. When we all pulled over, I looked at my rear and all there was was a small crack in the bumper and the License plate number embedded in the one bump out next to my rear license plate. His front was just the license plate frame cracked. talked to him about it and he said don't worry about it. went with the rest to the gas station as we waited to hear from you guys. i felt sorry for nik, i talked him into going up there with me and he came home carless. He stills says he'll never go to MN again. lol.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:18 AM
Darren Reynolds wrote:
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:

last 4 cars.

not to be an ass, but can you post a pic of that?

If your debating the possibility of a plate number being embedded in a bumper...... ya it can happen..... I had an Alaska plate number from a 3000GT imbedded into one of my Tiburon bumpers when I had it. It makes finding people after a hit and run a lot easier if they dont have stolen plates.

Oh and as far as the F-150...... Nothings wrong with driving one except for the horrable gas milage (11mpg HWY)... and the fact it wasn't my J..... besides... I'm not a fan of driving pickup trucks unless I'm off roading or hauling a couch.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search