Another Door Ding - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Door Ding
Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:19 AM
Well a while ago I had some idot put a dings in my door in this previous post.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=59&i=9266&t=9266

I had the door completely repainted at the body shop under insurance. I park my car last night to come out to this idiot in a white dodge pickup truck parked next to my car and a big nice white long dent in my door. The dent has white paint in it. I looked at his door and it has black paint on it.

The idiot did it and I can tell. I took down his plate number and I'm going to be in contact with my land lord about who's vehicle it is at my apartment. If they dont know I guess I'll file a police report for the damage then if they cant look up the plate number for me (the police) then I'll go to motor vehicles and get them to run the plate for a charge of course. Then I'll find this jerk and see if he wants to settle up out of insurance. If not then i'll be going after his insurance company to repair my door. I didnt have time to take pictures this morning but I know it was him. As I said I took down the plate number, color, make/model etc etc.

why do people have to be such jerks. The thing was there was like at least 4 feet beteen out vehicles. Not that he had to swing his door open to the full length. But ill find this jerk off.

Sorry just had to rant b/c the whole pass side door was just repainted maybe a month ago.

Regards,

Re: Another Door Ding
Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:39 AM
I hate people like that so @!#$ much. Granted you couldn't go after his insurance to fix your door dings if you did this but... imagine the satisfaction of just opening your door full force into his car. Man.. that would feel so good.

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!
Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:08 AM
Well my thoughts right now is I'm going to see if he is going to be there after work. Then I will go and have a little chat with him about paying out of his own pocket before I get nasty involving the police and insurance companies.

As you can read in my other post I totally f*cked the other guy who did this to my car. Why should I pay for something the prick did. The door was flawless after being repainted.

Ill update later on tonight.
Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:24 AM
did you get pictures?

Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:28 AM
No i didnt have time this morning to get pictures. But his white paint is on my car and black paint on his door. The a$$hole nows he did it. I hope to get pictures tonight.
Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:31 AM
The tough thing about it is I dont know if the guy even lives there. as far as I'm aware he might have just parked there b/c there was no free spots in visitor parking. I dont recall seeing that truck before. Problem is in a big apartment building is that people come/go all the time. I got his plate number/make/model but I hope he is there when I get home to get pictures and to have a talk with the a$$hole is he is still around.
Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:32 AM
better hope he doesnt clean his door then your @!#$

Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:37 AM
yeah, no pics = no proof.....and light paint like that is easy to remove from the edge of a door.

hopefully he was drunk and didnt even realise it, then he wont know to wipe it off.

Friday, May 09, 2008 7:17 AM
Well I found out the guy who was parked beside me. But first I went down to take pictures before I went to talk to him. The guy actually lives two apartments up from me. We talked in a civil manner to each other and he said he usually backs into his stall. I said well the other night when i got up for work you werent. Also there was tons of room between us so dining my freshly painted door shouldnt have been a problem.

He said he got home about midnight from work and the wind was blowing really hard. But I'm thinking to myself that is when you hold onto your door. He looked at my car and looked at his truck. He said he was sorry. I said to him I wouldnt have really cared if my car was a piece of sh*t but it's not and I just had the whole car door repainted like 1-2 months ago from the other idiot listed in the post above.

He said to get him a quote and then we will straighten up. So far he seems sorry but we will see how things pan out. I just have to get some quotes now. I hope they can just pull out the dent then spray that spot and blend it. that is what I'm hoping anyway. Maybe a 1 day job in the body shop.
Friday, May 09, 2008 8:43 AM
Well, it's good to hear that he sounds cooperative so far. I'm in a similar situation. I have to get a quote, and we'll see how cooperative they are after we tell them how much it'll cost. :\

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!
Friday, May 09, 2008 9:57 AM
Bumper Killer (Ron Carvalho) wrote:Well, it's good to hear that he sounds cooperative so far. I'm in a similar situation. I have to get a quote, and we'll see how cooperative they are after we tell them how much it'll cost. :\

Exactly.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:30 AM
I had a guy pull in beside my car... he was driving a 07 bmw 7 series..... he flung his door open... and smashed right into my door... as I was sitting in my car..... I got out and had to laugh.. the guy was nearly in tears.... i didn't really care anyways since i'm replacing my passenger side door... but his door was actually curled in... would love to see his repair bill....... I don't get why it's so hard for people to not park like a idiot... if you park between the lines there' s no reason anyone's doors should hit each other
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search