finally got my hands on a new toy... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
finally got my hands on a new toy...
Friday, May 19, 2006 1:07 PM
don't worry, i still have the sunfire... but i wanted to get something with a little more pep to it. well, ever since last fall, i've really wanted to get a motorcycle. unfortunatly, my job wasn't paying nearly enough to be able to afford a decent bike. not quite two months ago, i got a different job. i work for Ashley Furniture in production now. hell of a lot of work, but it pays really well. right now, im making twice as much as my old job in the deli. woot!

applied for a $10k loan at the bank, got denied. dealership would only approve me for $5k... a friend who works at the bank pulled some strings and got me approved for $8k. went back to the dealership and they had a 2006 Yamaha YZF R6SV sitting there with a price tag of $8199. i told the guy to get me as close to $8k as he could, so he knocked the price down a little bit, and after TTL, i paid $8353 OTD. brought the bike home yesterday right before work so i didn't have time to post up pics then, but i have a little free time today, so i took more pics.

anywho, on with the pics!

dealership parking lot:

at the apartment yesterday:

today wasn't quite as sunny... but here's more pics anyway:

peek-a-boo

the pic you've all been waiting for...

and something to keep my noodle from splitting open

i still need to get a jacket and my permit (tried to get the permit today but the DMV needed 12 forms of identification and i only had 11 or so...).

well, hopefully i don't kill myself on it, lol.

Re: finally got my hands on a new toy...
Friday, May 19, 2006 1:13 PM
Very sweet dude!! I want a bike badly but the insurance company was $6500 a year for full coverage.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, May 19, 2006 1:14 PM
SWEET!!!!

How the hell do you get 12 forms of ID??

dan

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:25 PM
I think he was joking...

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, May 19, 2006 1:43 PM
dubduce18s wrote:SWEET!!!!

How the hell do you get 12 forms of ID??

dan

yeah, that was a slight exaggeration... i needed three and only had two. oh well, i'll get it soon enough.

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:45 PM
Holy @!#$ that is what tony looks like. How come there isn't a single picture of you on it?

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:55 PM
Jokr wrote:How come there isn't a single picture of you on it?

cause i had to hold the camera... with the exception of the one pic where i balanced the camera on my roomie's grill, hit the timer and got in place behind the bike. i wouldn't have time to get on the bike before the timer took the pic.

don't worry, you'll see me on it soon enough, lol.

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:59 PM
Awesome Tony!! Like I said before...I'd kill myself on one of those things but I know you've wanted a bike for a long time now!! Congrats!!

Be safe!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, May 19, 2006 2:10 PM
squid! lol

nice bike!

check the sig for my latest toy....

Friday, May 19, 2006 2:18 PM
very nice. blue motorcycles = awesome

Friday, May 19, 2006 2:32 PM
I............ am moist.

Friday, May 19, 2006 3:54 PM
how much is your insurance going to be? I'm thinking about getting a CBR600 this summer
Friday, May 19, 2006 4:35 PM
Should have spent the money on a new back bumper for your car.. You've been riding like that for a while now. But the bike is pretty nice, I love the blue.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Friday, May 19, 2006 5:38 PM
i should also add:

don't think that getting a bike will quench your thirst for speed - meaning, you'll be looking for a new car shortly I thought the same thing - maybe if I get a bike, the fact that my car's a piece won't bother me so much. But, it makes the fact that your car's weak that much worse.

So, I expect to see a new car post from you in probably 4 or 5 months

Friday, May 19, 2006 5:55 PM
Sweet deal man, and paying off that loan will definitely help your credit out in the long run.
q

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Friday, May 19, 2006 5:58 PM
Nice Bike! Looks like you have some competition next to that blazer.....

Friday, May 19, 2006 6:10 PM
Congrats Tony! You went from being slower than all the mn-j's to this. Damn cheater I've been looking into a bike myself for a very long time, just have to finish another 4 years of college to get there. Be safe

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:25 PM
Spitfire2332 wrote:how much is your insurance going to be? I'm thinking about getting a CBR600 this summer

havn't found out yet... i still need to get ahold of the insurance company to find out. i'll probably do that this weekend since i don't work weekends.

lone_wolf wrote:Should have spent the money on a new back bumper for your car.. You've been riding like that for a while now. But the bike is pretty nice, I love the blue.

i do have a rear bumper... but i need to get it and a couple other parts painted first. i found a guy who said he'd paint it for me, i just need to supply the paint, so as soon as i do that, the rear of my car will look a whole hell of a lot better.

KG wrote:Nice Bike! Looks like you have some competition next to that blazer.....

that R1 (1000cc) belongs to the salesman who sold me my bike... believe me, there's no competition there. that sucker would simply hand me my ass every time, haha.

to everyone else, thanks for the comments. i can't wait to ride this sucker, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Friday, May 19, 2006 11:31 PM
take that r1 out for a rip and you will want it
Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:14 AM
scott hoop wrote:take that r1 out for a rip and you will want it

yeah, as if a 600cc won't kill me quickly enough...

Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:31 AM
sex on wheels.

pretty much.

hott +12.

x1

Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:38 AM
Get a haircut you Teske wannabe

Oh yeah, nice bike, not bad for a girls nike

................Which car will hit 400 whp first???................
Saturday, May 20, 2006 6:46 AM
TONYYYYYYYYYYYYYY You are sooooooooooooo giving me a ride when I see you next!!! I have always wanted to go on one

Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:33 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Jokr wrote:

How come there isn't a single picture of you on it?
cannon fodder wrote:

cause i had to hold the camera... with the exception of the one pic where i balanced the camera on my roomie's grill, hit the timer and got in place behind the bike. i wouldn't have time to get on the bike before the timer took the pic.

don't worry, you'll see me on it soon enough, lol.

Couldn't find the step stool?

J/K, nice bike fodder

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Saturday, May 20, 2006 3:08 PM
Cool.

Lets race.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search