car you most regret selling - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car you most regret selling
Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:41 PM
like the title says: what car have you owned and most regreted selling

mine was my first car...an 81 malibu coupe...was slow as heck with the 3.8 but man do i miss it dearly

Re: car you most regret selling
Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:18 PM
I don't regret selling my 1990 Camaro, because I needed a reliable, fuel-efficient car that was comfortable.

But man do I miss it. I will definitely restore a 3rd gen when i'm more financially stable.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:29 PM
my first car...

86 cav rs convertable...

i didnt even know what i had...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:02 PM
1992 Chevy Lumina Z34

Had all kinds of issues with the 5 speed tranny that could never be fixed due to lack of parts... but it was fast as hell, and just all around a bad ass car.

But I had to grow up someday.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:03 PM
My bright yellow Tonka dumptruck...

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:11 PM
tie between 2, my first car, 1986 Pontiac Sunbird SE and my 1990 Chevy Beretta Indy "yellow" I miss them both, my neighbor that bought the sunbird totally destroyed a very clean car then hit a deer and totaled it. my bro-inlaw has the indy and will not sell it back it's sat in his garage for 2 years now, and has not moved.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:33 PM
Well I didn't sell it but I do regret ever leaving that stop sign and pulling in to that intersection.

View my MySpace
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:37 PM
Probably my 67 Mercury Comet Caliente(basically same as a fairlane) with a factory 390. It was a rustbucket, but it was pretty quick. I have yet to ever see another one just like it. I also had a 79 AMC AMX and a 70 Monte Carlo project that I sold and totally regret looking back on it. I was just a dumbass teenager that didn't know what I had at the time....

I still look in the classifieds for those cars or ones like it....
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:44 PM
Well...I havn't sold one...but my dad has always regretted selling is 78 Z28. He didn't have the money to fix it up, but I'm pretty sure he's either going to get the new one or find another Z28 just like his old one.

He always gets that look in his eye when he talks about that car

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:44 PM
I never sold it, but my father did, a 1976 Chevy Vega. Original owner & in excellent shape too.
And for me, I miss the ZO6 rocket. But atleast I made profit out of it. lol

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:07 AM

mom's Hyundai Pony... you could sit in front of it for one hour, watch it
rust and swear you were watching 5 years of time-lapse photography.

Sometimes I miss my Sunbird (my first car), until I think of the total
Return-On-Investment, Pricey (if not non-existent) mods, No utility, No
traction (who would think 140hp could cause so much torque steer?)

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built jeep

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:23 AM
Never sold a car, but my dad sold his 1970 Dodge Superbee shortly before marrying my mom. It looked similar to this one:

Monday, October 23, 2006 2:04 AM
I have yet to ever sell a car (I'm only 21), but I know my cavi will always have a place in my heart as my first car
Monday, October 23, 2006 3:15 AM
My 87 Z24. I loved the digital guages, the V6 purr, and that thing was absolutely unstoppable in the snow!

Monday, October 23, 2006 3:30 AM
My 1990 APV Lumina Van. It seen 120,000 well beat on miles on top of the 100,000 it had when i got it. It would do burn outs for days, drive through mud up till the doors, and haul me and 6 of my closest budies to go play paint ball every weekend. Maybe it was not the car, but all the memories the van had. My friends call it quote, "The big red brick of death."

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 23, 2006 4:15 AM
my 85 Corolla SR5. it was slow, it was turdlike...but MAN was it fun.

...that, or either of my RX7s.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Monday, October 23, 2006 4:40 AM
my 85 s10. slow with a 2.5 and 4 speed manual, but i always wanted a truck and finally got one only to have to sell it 6 months later because i could not figure out what was wrong with it and i knew somebody who wanted it for a v8 swap.

Monday, October 23, 2006 4:54 AM
my first car, my beretta gt 3.1 i saw it around for a while last year now i dont see it at all...damn i miss digi gauges if i ever see it fs again im def buying it back

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:38 AM
B Malkins wrote:I have yet to ever sell a car (I'm only 21), but I know my cavi will always have a place in my heart as my first car

x2

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:14 AM
well my first car was a 86 grand am I wrecked it but I enjoy my Z24 alot more (probably because its a vert)

the only car i've sold was a 93 cutlass vert I loved the leather interior in it but you couldn't work on that damn 3.4 DOHC

so can't say I regret anything really

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:31 AM
My 86 Monte Carlo SS - she was a cream puff with t-tops. White paint with a maroon interior. Blackouts over the headlights and blinkers up front. 350 GM crate motor with headers and borla exhaust. Had some fun in that back seat too, I tell ya.. But I needed a car that was better on gas and useful in the winter ... and then I modded that cavalier so I still use a winter car!

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, October 23, 2006 10:38 AM
My 79 Camaro 355 4-speed

First RWD V8 I owned, man that car was a beast

..................Which car will hit 400 whp first???..................
Monday, October 23, 2006 11:17 AM
my TSi AWD... too bad i just couldnt afford to keep fixing it, 2 trannys in 6 months put an end to that car.. i will own another one day.

----------
@!#$ y'all...
Monday, October 23, 2006 11:18 AM
i miss my truck, dont really regret selling, but i still miss it, i do miss my cav a lil just because it was so easy to rip it apart top to bottom...but im happy now lol

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:44 AM
I have only had 2 cars, and never sold one yet

but my 2005 cavalier got hit and totaled, and i miss it. As much as i am happy about upgrading now i did love that car it was fun as hell to drive with the mods i had done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search