Unique corvette...good pretender :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Unique corvette...good pretender :)
Friday, October 31, 2008 9:26 AM
Obviously, this is a standard c5 convertible...but the paint and Z06 trends on the car do make it look unique i looked twice.

Re: Unique corvette...good pretender :)
Friday, October 31, 2008 10:22 AM
looks nice but I don't really like that on on the plate it says z06 grand sport when its not a z06 nor is it a grand sport.

Friday, October 31, 2008 10:27 AM
z06 g spot

Friday, October 31, 2008 12:59 PM
@!#$ PJ beat me to it.

Saturday, November 01, 2008 12:50 AM
Cool look. I would have not done any of the badging.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Saturday, November 01, 2008 1:08 AM
lol my buddy carries around little business cards just for this reason. They read "Nice try but you FAIL!"
Saturday, November 01, 2008 11:29 AM
Some will argue how tastefull and pretty it is because it is a Corvette. But in my eyes, misbadging is as retarded on a Vette as it is on a Honda. The GS paint scheme and the ZO6 vents do look good. But the badges are going too far.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:30 PM
This is a grand sport...

that is not...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, November 01, 2008 7:36 PM
Sunday, November 02, 2008 6:58 AM
Not a bad one to try to copy, ive only ever saw 2-3 Grand Sports ever, very rare car, unique motor too that never really got a long term in the car. All the LT4 parts are still in the Gm performance parts catolog. Still prob a let down from the ZR1 going away in 95 but def a cool car.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, November 02, 2008 7:48 AM
Quote:

So when Caravaggio teased us earlier this year about building Z06 Targas and convertibles, constructed from factory-issue Z06s and not standard C5s with Z06/LS6 components grafted on, we were very interested. Shortly thereafter, we hear from him and the message is to the effect of, "I'm gonna build some Z06 Grand Sports, whadayah think?" I know I wanna see that!

The two Corvettes you see on these pages are genuine Bowling Green-built '01 Z06s. The VINs verified that--the sixth digit of the VIN is 1, the code for a fixed roof coupe body and the eighth digit is S which is the engine code for the LS6--an LS1 would be code G. Both cars fit Caravaggio's mission statement about building limited production models that go to levels beyond the factory offerings yet remain true to the original concept. And the quality, as we expected, is utterly impeccable.

So it is a Z06, made by a very unique company, turned into a 'vert, and called a Grand Sport? Not too keen on the name but the rest sounds legit.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 4:56 AM
Rob wrote:Cool look. I would have not done any of the badging.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:09 AM
GM NEVER MADE A Z06 CONVERTIBLE , ALL ZO6's ARE FIXED ROOF COUPES

anything like this was completely aftermarket

all GM made grand sports are limited and C4's , other than the grand sports they used for racing back in the 60's , in which the C4 was a tribute to

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:47 AM
^^^ Actually, I read an article once that stated that GM did make 2 or 3 convertible z06s at the factory. I believe it was a special order by someone who had a lot of money. They were made at the GM plant that way so that would I guess make them real z06s.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 12:56 PM
crazy...never knew about caravaggio

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:16 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]GM NEVER MADE A Z06 CONVERTIBLE , ALL ZO6's ARE FIXED ROOF COUPES

anything like this was completely aftermarket

all GM made grand sports are limited and C4's , other than the grand sports they used for racing back in the 60's , in which the C4 was a tribute to

Calmn down there captain, you act like you are the owner of GM and are offended. No one ever said that they came from the factory. It was clearly stated that this particular company made them that way.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search