57 Fairlane Update (56k mights take a minute) - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 57 Fairlane Update (56k mights take a minute)
Friday, July 09, 2010 4:25 PM
So there was no rust repair or body work done before you just shot it with primer? Damn shame you gotta do the work all over again now. That car could be something damn nice if you put some time and money into it man.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:14 AM
What actually happened with the primer is my friend at the time shaved off the door handles (which I wanted done) and they slapped on primer over the whole thing real quick to use the car for a photoshoot for a friends band. It was eventually going to be done proper after that but a lot of drama happened with it and she sat out of town for almost a year. The original party working on it is not touching it again trust me. Im getting her mechanically good again and she should be driving on the road again within weeks (hopefully). Outside body work is going to take a break since its hot as balls out here in FL right now. Probably going to clean up the interior door panels and actually sanding and prime and paint for real tomorrow.

One Piece at a time, I had to go through a pay reduction over the last 6 months and couldn't afford to touch the poor girl. Starting to make money again and so is my fiance'. Shes on board because the day I got her running and stopping (finished the brakes) was the day I met her. There will be more updates to come, I'm just happy to get her back and show people you dont have to spend a million dollars to have a old car you love.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:01 AM
Messed with some trim

Parents cavalier

Scored this on eBay, apparently if you get a plate from the same year as your car and is in original condition it can be reissued by the state. The left digits indicate county

...Ah, metaphysics.
Sunday, July 11, 2010 7:01 PM
Ratted Fairlane............ i like and approve . since u went the Limer green way pull the dash out and paint that the same color BUT go out and get the Duplicolor Sublime green pearl .

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:51 AM
Showoff03LS wrote:Ratted Fairlane............ i like and approve . since u went the Limer green way pull the dash out and paint that the same color BUT go out and get the Duplicolor Sublime green pearl .
ouch duplicolor is expensive when you look at how much it takes to cover! and that sublime green is pretty though. I used duplicolor paintshop primer and took me 3 quarts to get full coverage when i painted my bike, because it is such thin paint. If your painting it yourself I'd get a 2k primer sealer and it may actually save you some time and money. I personally think stacey david's Rat Roadster green is a beautiful color!
Monday, July 12, 2010 7:08 AM
u gotta figure that stuff is a laqure paint so itll take more to get good coverage.

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, July 16, 2010 9:58 PM
Look what came in the mail

Just posed the plate since I still have to send it off to Tallahassee. Now if only a new trunk lid could come in the mail...

...Ah, metaphysics.
Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:47 PM
So if you're not in the loop, due to my engagement being broken off and the relationship ending I had to sell my 1957 Ford Fairlane. I've had her as a project car for over 4 years. I sold her not because I was hard up on cash but because there were too many memories of me and her with this car. The day I got her running and stopping was the day I met Maria. Sale was finalized today from a nice buyer from Orlando. I teared up as she left and I'm tearing up now. I loved this car like I loved Maria. Now they are both gone. Good by old friend I will miss you.

...Ah, metaphysics.
Monday, September 20, 2010 4:39 AM
Man that sucks!

Ryan1

Monday, September 20, 2010 9:10 AM
Ouch, don't know what happened but man up @!#$ gets better.

Monday, September 20, 2010 9:12 AM
Jonathan Pike wrote:So if you're not in the loop, due to my engagement being broken off and the relationship ending I had to sell my 1957 Ford Fairlane. I've had her as a project car for over 4 years. I sold her not because I was hard up on cash but because there were too many memories of me and her with this car. The day I got her running and stopping was the day I met Maria. Sale was finalized today from a nice buyer from Orlando. I teared up as she left and I'm tearing up now. I loved this car like I loved Maria. Now they are both gone. Good by old friend I will miss you.

Wow man, thats near the same reason I let go of my Cavalier

I know how your feeling man

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:11 PM
I really miss her...

...Ah, metaphysics.
Saturday, April 02, 2011 3:56 AM
Maria or the car? lol

Saturday, April 02, 2011 12:36 PM
HA! The car of course.

...Ah, metaphysics.
Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:37 PM
you left it open, I had to ask lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search