Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots - Page 8 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Darkstars MKVI GTI thread - info, updates, and photoshoots
Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:07 AM
im digging the upgrades

thats a really nice exhaust

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:33 AM
Wow nice upgrades

Saturday, June 25, 2011 8:51 AM
God damn that is a nice looking Down Pipe...

The grill does look much cleaner but I love the red stripe grill...

You make me want to start buying parts for my new car....its so hard to not dump money into it, especially after seeing all your new goodies..

Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:45 AM
i dont really dislike the current rims...i think i just like the first ones better. either way still looks sweet.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:24 AM
Car is looking great Ryan. You are hitting the nail square on the head every time you do something to this car.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:56 PM
Darkstars wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:Thats a really good looking piece. But I thought the exact same thing as soon as you did. Thats a lot of joints where it could possibly leak. It it was all one piece or v-bands like you said, it would greatly reduce the chance of leaks. Either way, I think thats one of the best upgrades you have done so far.

the reason for all the pieces is the exhaust has lots of options, it's all 3" but you can pick with or without a cat, with or without a resonator, with or without a 3rd 02 bung for a wideband, with or without a resonator, with or without ceramic coating, and with 2.5" catback or 3" catback.

Ahh, got it.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:33 PM
love the grille swap.. however i am slightly disappointed someone else is trying to make a gti look a like lol. but that red was ugly on the blue.. i dig these updates man. exhaust looks fabulous... im jealous. can i hate on you because of it? please?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:21 PM
^this.

sick pipe. color of rims is still bothering me tho. style is what i woulda did tho!!!!

Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:22 PM
I would have just used vinyl stripes to cover up the stripes, the honeycomb in your grille went with the bumper. Badgeless is where it's at, I love MK6's with badgeless grilles. Best exterior mod I did to mine for sure.

Can't say I like the wheels but I've seen worse.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, June 27, 2011 4:41 AM
Looking great man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 27, 2011 9:04 AM
See, I love the red pop in the GTI grille, especially on the dark blue car. The Golf grille looks good, but just kinda boring. I get the sleeper look, but not a fan. Just looks like a slammed Golf on some wheels. The performance mods = win, the exterior mods = I'm not a huge fan, but hell, its not my car!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Monday, June 27, 2011 2:40 PM
Thanks guys

Rosario wrote:God damn that is a nice looking Down Pipe...
The grill does look much cleaner but I love the red stripe grill...
You make me want to start buying parts for my new car....its so hard to not dump money into it, especially after seeing all your new goodies..

@!#$ the red strips, tradition or not it looks tacky as hell. I realize it's a throw back, it's a piece of it's roots.... but that means about as much to me as the current humidity level in Uruguay.
As for modding the CTS.... do it!

Mike wrote:Car is looking great Ryan. You are hitting the nail square on the head every time you do something to this car.

Thanks, I agree, but then again if I didn't I'd change it lol

Stephen (manta z) wrote:love the grille swap.. however i am slightly disappointed someone else is trying to make a gti look a like lol. but that red was ugly on the blue.. i dig these updates man. exhaust looks fabulous... im jealous. can i hate on you because of it? please?

I agree, I was saddened by the ricer but I had to take advantage. And yes you should start hating... then I could be JDM as @!#$ and put on an I <3 Haters sticker

02_redbadged wrote:^this.

sick pipe. color of rims is still bothering me tho. style is what i woulda did tho!!!!

any and all doubts I had on the wheels are gone, I love them!

JoeyDaBomb wrote:I would have just used vinyl stripes to cover up the stripes, the honeycomb in your grille went with the bumper. Badgeless is where it's at, I love MK6's with badgeless grilles. Best exterior mod I did to mine for sure.

Can't say I like the wheels but I've seen worse.

I don't do vinyl

98z24ragtop wrote:See, I love the red pop in the GTI grille, especially on the dark blue car. The Golf grille looks good, but just kinda boring. I get the sleeper look, but not a fan. Just looks like a slammed Golf on some wheels. The performance mods = win, the exterior mods = I'm not a huge fan, but hell, its not my car!

I don't know how familiar you are with the Golfs vs GTI's but the headlights, lower grills, foglights, red brakes, interior, side skirts, rear bumper, and dual exhaust all make it look different than a golf. I love the look, I think the lower gray grill area thing with be the next mod, painting it gloss black to match the grill.

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:08 PM
I think the grille swap was a great appearance mod. The red striped grille looks just plain stupid. I can imagine just how much better the throttle response was alone just from upgrading the cat. I bet that turbo is really screaming now!
Monday, June 27, 2011 4:21 PM
Damb you move fast! Looks good.

I like the red stripe around the grill. Goes back to the roots of GTI's, kinda nostalgic. But to each there own, looks great with the golf grill too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 27, 2011 4:22 PM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Monday, June 27, 2011 4:30 PM
STOP!!!!

you're making me want to trade this dam passat in for a white version of your car SSSSOOOOO BAD!!!!

love the progress!!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:47 AM
Just saw an entertaining DSG comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HpD5K6Qws

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:44 AM
DAMN THREE WEEKS and you pretty much changed the entire car!

My roommate did the same thing, 1 year he has the enitre apr stage 2 kit plus intercooler...

I like all the updates tho..Keep it up

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:11 AM
I'm almost done with it, I'm gonna paint the front gray lower grill thing gloss black like the upper grill, tint the windows, S3 intercooler and then an APR K04. Have a nice, smooth driving, well mannered, reliable, 300ish whp 300ish wtq, daily driver.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:50 PM
Looking good, I'm not huge on with the rims but I've always been difficult with rims any color then a metal color i.e. Chrome, aluminum etc.

Grill is a lot nicer good move.

Monday, July 04, 2011 2:53 PM
I can't find it now, but I thought you said somewhere you don't like tire shine. Is there something you use. I don't like it either but have used it on everything. Every time I wash my car, I bleach, brush and shine the tires. What I really want is for the tires to just stay black instead of turning brown over time, which is why I use the shine, as a protectant.

Is there something that's low shine but keep the tires looking nice over time?

Monday, July 04, 2011 3:11 PM
I use Simoniz tire foam. Spray and let dry. Tires don't have the "wet" look they just look black and new.

Monday, July 04, 2011 3:23 PM
Hmm Never seen that before...Ill def check it out..

Monday, July 04, 2011 4:23 PM
Rosario wrote:Is there something that's low shine but keep the tires looking nice over time?

As soon as you spray it on the tires, you can see brown junk start dripping off the tires. It works great. I usually spray the tires on the Vibe twice. I spray it on once, let it sit for a minute, scrub it, rinse it off and repeat. It also works great on rubber floor mats. It leaves them nice and black without being shiny or slippery.

Best of all, it's cheap. They even sell it in jugs. I buy a jug and just re-fill the spray bottle as needed. The jugs last a long time.

I use Meguiar's Endurance tire gel once the tires are dry, but it always end up looking uneven and crappy. I think I am going to stick with just the Westley's from now on.

Monday, July 04, 2011 5:18 PM
Like I said I bleach the tires. It works awesome but it def doesn't protect the tires and eventually the tires will fade and look like @!#$..

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 6:10 AM
We have some kind of tire cleaner stuff we have a work, I use it from time to time but no I never use tire shine. Actually I shouldn't say never, I've but it on for pics once or twice but it's just stupid. it makes the area slick, it catches dirt and dust and stuff liek that as you dry, people always say try claim their brand because it doesn't fling off the tire, and every one I've tried has flung off the tire. It's just more of a hassle than its worth.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search