my Toyota 350z :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my Toyota 350z :)
Monday, January 09, 2012 3:33 PM
hey guys, i used to be a cavalier owner back about 7 years ago...but moved on to a 350z...BUT, i got tired of the VQ platform and decided to 2jz swap it!

just wanted to share my first start up!!!

http://youtu.be/di7ws0x-rGo

ENJOY!

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com

Re: my Toyota 350z :)
Monday, January 09, 2012 3:53 PM
That is simply awesome!

Monday, January 09, 2012 7:11 PM
I like it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, January 09, 2012 10:13 PM
What's a Toyota 350z? lol

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:54 AM
Hmmm interesting.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:50 AM
Hor wrote:What's a Toyota 350z? lol

If you'd read you'd see it's 350Z with a Toyota Supra engine

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:43 AM
VQ to 2JZ is called a lateral move. An LSx would be an upgrade. Hinson has everything you need to do a real upgrade.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:20 PM
Darkstars wrote:
Hor wrote:What's a Toyota 350z? lol

If you'd read you'd see it's 350Z with a Toyota Supra engine

I read but apparently didn't comprehend. Thanks for the explanation, sir.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:38 AM
Dave wrote:VQ to 2JZ is called a lateral move. An LSx would be an upgrade. Hinson has everything you need to do a real upgrade.

huh?????
lateral? Really?

Don't get me wrong I like the LSX platform, but 2jg is a awesome motor as well.

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:22 PM
I like the swap! bravo!! I would love to see more street vids.
Monday, January 16, 2012 2:17 PM
Don't turbo VQ's make 500whp easy? Don't get me wrong, the 2JZ is awesome and I don't know what all it takes to put it in there, but wouldn't it have been easier to build a VQ and turbo it. I know modding cars isn't always about taking the easy way but this seems like a LOT of extra work just to have a "cool" motor. Unless if your going for insane HP.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Monday, January 16, 2012 6:27 PM
Dave wrote:VQ to 2JZ is called a lateral move. An LSx would be an upgrade. Hinson has everything you need to do a real upgrade.

damn JBO, where is the "Like" button?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:36 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

damn JBO, where is the "Like" button?

gotta agree here....thou i wont knock a 2Jz motor to me power for power LSX is the way to go

especially considering how the conversion isnt really all that bad

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:33 AM
im sure the lsx conversion isn't that hard to do but the price it probably much more considering you could find a 2jz in a wrecked supra or lexus is. not bashing on the lsx
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:13 AM
There are way more wrecked early 2k+ trucks, camaros, and vettes in the yards around here. I've seen about 5 supras ever, none in the yard where as I could go to any yard here and pull 4 ls based engines and leave the yard with some to spare.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, March 26, 2012 6:12 PM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:Don't turbo VQ's make 500whp easy? Don't get me wrong, the 2JZ is awesome and I don't know what all it takes to put it in there, but wouldn't it have been easier to build a VQ and turbo it. I know modding cars isn't always about taking the easy way but this seems like a LOT of extra work just to have a "cool" motor. Unless if your going for insane HP.

i had a turbo on my VQ but it only made 425 wheel...hated it, ran @!#$ty, cost way too much to maintain and was topped out on power...throw a 2JZ in it and a single turbo with hardly touhing it and i can make 500 wheel...then a stand alone and injectors im well into the 600s...toss cams in it and i can make 700+ on stock internals....LSx in my opinion is a neat swap...but WAY to common and really does not perform all that well....

here is a new video tho!

http://youtu.be/tnUwWVw_-00

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com
Monday, March 26, 2012 8:11 PM
travis maser wrote:..LSx in my opinion is a neat swap...but WAY to common and really does not perform all that well....

LMAO. Because 2JZ swapping an import is not common at all.... And you're right, NEEDING a turbo and all the lag that comes with it to make power is WAY better performance than a motor that can get you to your 500hp number without one, let alone when you start boosting the LSx....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:28 AM
Cool swap, but I have to laugh at the LSx not performing well comment.

Guys have the 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 iron block truck motors up to 1200hp on stock internals now......and they go for $400 at the scrap yard. Manage to blow one up and back to the scrap yard for another, as they are literally thousands of these kicking around.

You have angred the LSx fanbois....for this you shall pay with your life....

LOL

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:03 PM
lolz...makes me laugh that of all forums...this is the one that got the only hate on the build haha....

I <3 3COT3C!

www.IZNTRBL.com
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:10 PM
i honestly dont get what the problem with the stock engine was?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:24 PM
travis maser wrote:lolz...makes me laugh that of all forums...this is the one that got the only hate on the build haha....

I don't "hate" anything about it, honestly. Swaps are cool and fun. But when you say that an LSx is a worse, lower power option, it makes me laugh. And I've seen quite a few higher powered VQ's that didn't seem to have any issues. Again, no hate for what you did, but your reasoning was questionable to me, and the LSx comments are just laughable.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, April 05, 2012 1:33 PM
thats neat, but whats bad about the VQ? I love mine even though its lightly modded, but my buddy has one build&boosted putting down 589 on low boost & 712 on high boost.

Its awesome regardless, but money wise I think modding the VQ would be cheaper & faster.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search