Nothing to see here.... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nothing to see here....
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:59 PM
So I've been pretty non-existent on this site as of late. Been busy with real life stuff. But now that things have settled down (mostly), I'm back

Anyway, just wanted to post a lil something. Stepped up from the Sunfire to this (anyone want a huge satellite dish? please? it's free)... Nothing special but needed something a bit more reliable. The Sunfire was getting a bit too far in the "you're gonna hate me soon" territory to keep as a daily. That and with my right knee failing, I was missing having cruise control (Sunfire never had it)

06 TB LS, I6 4x4... 20's are on the list. Only real options were sunroof and Bose.

Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Bye crappy incandescent bulbs. Hello LED goodness. In addition to these, swapped the mirror turns to 194 LEDs, put switchbacks in the front and the dome lights all got switched out to LED. Killed the DRL's too. I'm keeping mods to a minimum. I don't have a desire to have a third project vehicle

Now before everyone gets in to a panic, yes... I still have the Sunfire... Yes, it still runs. Yes, it still has the V6. No, it hasn't been parted out, wrecked, etc. The trans is going (aka time for a getrag swap) and the intake gaskets went... plus I told myself I'd finish the v6 swap the right way, meaning a teardown of the engine harness and starting from scratch. I'm determined to get it working flawlessly with OBD2 (curse you emissions). So yeah, that's about it for now.

Re: Nothing to see here....
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:31 AM
Weclome back dude. Was wondering about this car a while ago. The easiest way to get the swap working flawlessly is to swap everything to 2000+, use a 2000 Impala harness and viola, flawless. I have 3 3400 swaps running like this with all the gauges and lights functioning. We also did a 3500 last year with working airbags, abs and AC.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:49 AM
Thanks for the tip.

Airbags have been disconnected long before the swap, ac system was removed when I did the swap and gauges are all digital still.

I'm already using a 2k1 engine, harness, ecm and BCM, all from a grand am. ... Somewhere I have the wrong wire spliced... I think. A mouse got in the ecm area and had a snack on some of the wires a couple years ago. A couple of the wires were like colors so that's prolly it.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:51 AM
Screw this more sunfire work now!

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:25 AM
Jeffie, you'll be getting a PM from me once I hit a junkyard that has the parts I'm looking for.... I have a rear brake idea that might work. If so, it's just minor alteration to the bracket

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:27 AM
Hmmm I'll be waiting for this then.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:19 PM
Moar leds for the mall crawler

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:23 AM
im thinking of doing something like this for my tails for my TBSS

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, February 17, 2012 11:40 AM
The Jew wrote:im thinking of doing something like this for my tails for my TBSS

Already modded mine... I really need to get a better camera one of these days... swapped the reverse to 3157 switchbacks and rewired the circuit boards to have dual park/brake. At this point, they are way too bright for dual brake (4x 7w bulbs) so have to unmod that part when the weather cooperates somewhat.

If you haven't registered already, check out http://www.gmtnation.com

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:02 PM
Kardain wrote:
The Jew wrote:im thinking of doing something like this for my tails for my TBSS

Already modded mine... I really need to get a better camera one of these days... swapped the reverse to 3157 switchbacks and rewired the circuit boards to have dual park/brake. At this point, they are way too bright for dual brake (4x 7w bulbs) so have to unmod that part when the weather cooperates somewhat.

If you haven't registered already, check out http://www.gmtnation.com

actually im on

http://www.tbssowners.com/ and

a couple of TBSS groups on FB.....i may look into that site

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:57 PM
Put on a mild suspension lift today.... 2.5" front, 1.5" rear. Tires went from 235/75r16 to 265/75r16. The h3 wheels and tires were a steal on craigslist and are only temporary (read as: winter wheels once I find a different set that aren't overplayed)... All 4 with 85% tread for $200. Tomorrow I get to recal the speedo then test drive

I have 2 more of those led driving lights to add up front one of these weekends.

That's it for now.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:10 PM
Unrelated but that mazda sundowner got my attention.I own a 87b series and if you ever have ?s about that truck assuming it is yours check out http://www.mazdatrucking.com then click on the tab forum to go into the site.I am not first gen oriented on those but,there is a good following on them.Nice add ons to your current daily.Push bar with the lights I Do like.

Monday, March 26, 2012 3:00 PM
yeah i want the mazda lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Friday, April 27, 2012 7:42 PM
LOL. No... you don't... it's in rough shape, plus it isn't mine to sell/give away

---

Now with 108 watts of LED goodness up front. I mismeasured a smidge adding the two holes for the inner lights, but they are equal distance from center and equal distance from the outers... It's good enough for me.

Just need to tie them in to the power/ground wires and call it a day.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:22 AM
I like the lift and what you have done thus far. Can't wait to see moar.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 1:13 PM
Or you could wait to see "more" and not spell like a half retarded 4 year old.

ANYWAY, now that me being a douche for no reason is out of the way, HATE the way the Hummer wheels and LED lights look. I guess I just don't get the whole "It never goes off road but I want a big bar and lights" look. And the Hummer wheels just look out of place to me somehow. I like those trucks for what they are, but the things done to it kill it for me.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:33 PM
I respect your opinion. However, I do go off road, just as not as much as I would like... The hummer wheels are temporary until I find a set that isn't what everyone and their brother has.... and the price was too good to pass up.....

Anything else?

Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:30 AM
I love the hummer rims personally. If they fit my zr2 I would be all over them. I had a 02 ltz, one of the most comfortable trucks you can drive. Trailvoy isalso a good forum for the tb.

Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:00 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:ANYWAY, now that me being a douche for no reason is out of the way, HATE the way the Hummer wheels and LED lights look. I guess I just don't get the whole "It never goes off road but I want a big bar and lights" look. And the Hummer wheels just look out of place to me somehow. I like those trucks for what they are, but the things done to it kill it for me.

Guess you missed the part where he clearly called it a "Mall Crawler". Besides how do you know he'll never off-road it.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Monday, April 30, 2012 8:31 AM
Because, as u said, he himself called it a mall Crawler....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, May 04, 2012 4:40 AM
Www.offroadtb.com

Friday, May 11, 2012 11:00 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Or you could wait to see "more" and not spell like a half retarded 4 year old.

ANYWAY, now that me being a douche for no reason is out of the way, HATE the way the Hummer wheels and LED lights look. I guess I just don't get the whole "It never goes off road but I want a big bar and lights" look. And the Hummer wheels just look out of place to me somehow. I like those trucks for what they are, but the things done to it kill it for me.

We are used to you being a douche.

Regardless, it looks good. If someone wants to lift their vehicle, regardless of their reasons, it is THEIRS to do how they please. Why do people put body kits and other aero stuff on their vehicles? Not normally because they are going so fast to where they have to have them to hold their cars on the ground.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search