Said I'd keep my trailblazer stock....yea, right... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Said I'd keep my trailblazer stock....yea, right...
Saturday, October 06, 2012 9:31 PM
Well to my own demise, I hated how factory trailblazers wheels looked, how sloppy it handled, and how everyone and their mother in NY drives one, even though I swore no modding. Well.......

+3" of front suspension lift, +2.5" rear block via Mark McMaster ( lift meister)
Tahoe Z71 rear springs +1.5"
Mark McMaster 1.5" (6x5-->6x5.5) wheel spacer/adapter
265/70-17 Cooper Discoverer STT TEK3 (32" tire) [ factory was 235/65-16 (28.5")] +3.5" tire lift
Bilstein HD front struts
Bilstein 5125 Off road racing shocks ( 255/70) valving

Some inner fender liner trimming, and you get 6.5-7" of lift!

Drives sooooo much better than it did.... Ever. Gas consumption, well.... Who cares, I live 7 miles from work

Re: Said I'd keep my trailblazer stock....yea, right...
Saturday, October 06, 2012 9:34 PM

Sunday, October 07, 2012 1:36 AM
Very nice, Looks 100% better. Though I'll say I never see any mod'd ones outin chicagoland.

Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:11 AM
Youll love the coopers for wheelin'
Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:17 PM
It's like a J in a way that no one makes parts for these per se. The suspension was developed by another owner which he sells, and I have a custom all steel bumper in the works from another guy who does fab them on the side.

But I love rolling up to other TB's and looking down onto them.

Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:34 PM
"I hated the sloppy ride so I lifted it and put knobby squishy taller tires on it"... hahahahahaha. Just admit you did it for the looks or off-roading. Don't act like it corners and rides BETTER

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, October 08, 2012 3:39 AM
its not bad......ill stick with my factory 20s on my TBSS lol

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, October 08, 2012 2:05 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:"I hated the sloppy ride so I lifted it and put knobby squishy taller tires on it"... hahahahahaha. Just admit you did it for the looks or off-roading. Don't act like it corners and rides BETTER

LT load range E tires aren't squishy by any means.... 10 ply tread, 3 ply side wall. Yes it does ride better ( 79k miles on OEM's), everything is brand new... Cornering, no it doesn't stay flat in a corner but it doesn't feel as sloppy as it did before.

Yes, it was done for looks/ functionality. Bonus for a better ride, also the Tahoe rear spring are a lot firmer than factory TB's.

Monday, October 08, 2012 3:26 PM
Pure win!
I love it!

Great job man!

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 3:48 AM
I love everything but the spacers.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:43 AM
Looking good cody!

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:24 AM
28.5" total diameter to 32" total tire diameter does not lift your truck 3.5" lololol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:26 AM
Didn't I tell you when you got it that you were going to eventually mod it?

Looks good man.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:32 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:28.5" total diameter to 32" total tire diameter does not lift your truck 3.5" lololol
LOL. Nope. You only get half of the increase in tire hight for lift.

Truck looks good, though. I've never seen a lifted TB, only lowered.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:47 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I love everything but the spacers.

Trailblazers have a stupid 6x5 bolt pattern, very few companies make a nice set if wheels in those sizes. So I had to do wheel spacers in order to switch to the full size Chevy truck bolt pattern 6x5.5. I could have went with a 1.3" opposed to 1.5", but I would have had to cut the OEM studs. Even then... Finding a nice 6x5.5 wheel with a high offset was still a pain in order to keep as much wheel inside as possible. These are 25mm offset, most are 0mm.

I'm still debating on going up another 2-3" in body lift, but I'm not sure if I wanna go that high. I like rolling up next to other TB's and looking down on them.

Thanks for the comments.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:33 PM
Needs a bigger rack on top now!

Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:34 PM
I dunno man, I'd keep it as is. Body lifts look so horrid and cheesy. Like it's the lifted LOOK, not function. "Hey everybody look at my frame!!!"

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:22 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I dunno man, I'd keep it as is. Body lifts look so horrid and cheesy. Like it's the lifted LOOK, not function. "Hey everybody look at my frame!!!"

actually, body lifts allow you to run larger tires thus increasing the distance from the bottom of the diff to the ground. They are a cheap way to gain ground clearance at the axle if you plan on running a larger tire.

if you're lifting the body just for more lift, THEN it's more of a look over function.

that being said, I too prefer suspension lifts over body lifts BUT I'm guessing that your options are pretty limited when trying to go high on a trailblazer.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:46 PM
strat81 wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I dunno man, I'd keep it as is. Body lifts look so horrid and cheesy. Like it's the lifted LOOK, not function. "Hey everybody look at my frame!!!"

actually, body lifts allow you to run larger tires thus increasing the distance from the bottom of the diff to the ground. They are a cheap way to gain ground clearance at the axle if you plan on running a larger tire.

if you're lifting the body just for more lift, THEN it's more of a look over function.

that being said, I too prefer suspension lifts over body lifts BUT I'm guessing that your options are pretty limited when trying to go high on a trailblazer.

nope. they only give you tire clearance on the body. they do add extra sway from the extra height off the frame. like a box van.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:10 AM
Not true... larger tires move the axle farther from the ground. Hence why I said IF you plan on larger tires with the body lift you gain clearance for the axles as well.

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:49 PM
I see what your saying now. Kinda confusing how you are explaining it.

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:18 PM
How bout this...

Body lift + larger tiress = good

Body lift + same tires = bad

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:36 AM
Used this thread to upset my buddy with a mildly lifted WK, aka '05 Grand Cherokee.

It worked, he is now in disbelief that a Trailblazer could sit higher than him. A+++++++++++++!

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:10 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Used this thread to upset my buddy with a mildly lifted WK, aka '05 Grand Cherokee.

It worked, he is now in disbelief that a Trailblazer could sit higher than him. A+++++++++++++!

Even with the lift I have now, I sit level with an 07+ Tahoe, silverados are still a smidge higher than me, maybe 1/2".

My downfall in tire sizes is the gearing in my diffs. I only have 3.42's and a 8.0" rear, other TB's can have 3.73's or 4.10's and a pumpkin 8.0, 8.5, 9.5.... I've been always looking for a wrecked SS which has a 9.5" pumpkin and the 4.10's which I would add a locker to.

Despite the gearing, I sit taller than most of the local jeeps buy an inch or so. The hardcore jeep guys tower over me.

Then you have TB owners who do SAS conversions and run 40" tires.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:51 AM
^^^ Need moar pix of that truck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search