New car......again. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New car......again.
Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:00 PM
I don't post my stuff often, once in a while in between all the dozens of cars I go through, I buy one I like, enjoy, and keep for a bit.

So here it is, MTR BOAT part 2:
2007 MINI Cooper S. No BS packages, just the fun stuff. Mint condition, 6 speed stick, the options I wanted in a DD and a hell of a fun car to drive.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: New car......again.
Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:40 PM
Fun little cars. I really enjoyed the ride I took in one. Not really my cup of tea on styling though.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:01 PM
I was never crazy about them, but this one ticked all the boxes when looking for a newer vehicle. Power windows, locks, keyless, fun, comfortable, automatic headlights because my stupid ass drained my trucks battery on so many kind of dark mornings lol, and the price was right.

Right now it has a Forge Motorsports blow off adapter(to vent the air from the diverter valve to atmosphere instead of shooting a jet of hot air back into the intake). Other than that, I'm going to black out all the chrome and call it good.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:25 PM
ironic, i looked at an 02 version of that yesterday. vute car, but i could not get my child seat in the back. so for now, i will stick with the focus.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:38 PM
back seat is more useless than the back seat in a Mustang. NO leg room if the driver is of average size and comfortable. But I almost never have more than 1 person with me and don't have to worry about the kid thing for a while.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:08 PM
I almost bought one just like it before I got the cobalt. Test drove it and I LOVED it. But I ended up getting WAY too good of a deal to pass up with the SS. I was very surprised how much room is in the front of the Coopers. I'm 6'1'' 250 lbs and I had plenty of leg room. Nice pick up.

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:15 PM
Nice ride Dustin. A friend of mine has one pretty much identical to that with the same S package. Definitely had a blast when he put me behind the wheel.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, April 15, 2013 7:23 PM
Tons of leg and head room... in the front. Leg room in back, if you have 2 average adults in front, is super tight though.

It's definitely a wicked fun car man! I was really surprised at the price and financing I was able to get at such a "higher class" dealership that I got it at. Just the perfect car I was looking for. The ONLY thing it didn't come with that I wanted was cruise control, but it's so fun to drive, I don't ever regret it.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, June 06, 2013 10:03 PM
Blacked out the chrome on the front end today

Tail light trim, gas door, and side scuttles are next.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, June 07, 2013 5:51 AM
Good idea. I. Hate. Chrome. Looks better already.

Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:13 PM
Finished up last night(mostly). Going to do 1 more coat on the tail light rings and one of the side marker pieces. After that I'll peel the red "s" sticker out of the side pieces(left them as masking, will be a chrome "s" in the black panel. Pics to come.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:04 AM
Coming along! I would pick up a front license plate relocate kit for $17.99 when you have the chance.
Your text to link here...

Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:46 PM
Why would I relocate the plate? Just to look like a totally cool JDM kid with it offset? lol. I just don't see the point in showing off the multiple ugly holes it would leave in the bumper just to put the plate somewhere else. Thanks though. It's my DD and only car, I'm not planning at all to go nuts with mods.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, June 14, 2013 3:57 PM
the plate location is fine, although i would definitely ditch the dealer frames on both plates. ive never understood why people like showing off where they bought their car from LOL soon as i buy a car the first thing i do is take the dealer tags and frames off.

love the color on there, man. looks great. love the subtle tint, too...

is it this one that has the M45 s/c? if so ive been meaning to ask a mini owner about the kind of power they are getting out of them etc. whats that car come with for hp stock? popular mods?

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Friday, June 14, 2013 7:35 PM
Concern 1: I'm the same way. "Why the hell keep those frames?". When I bought this car, I found out. Some cars literally only ha e 2 holes. Those plate frames on mine have tabs that keep all the rattling and flapping out. The plate legitimately is on there much tighter because of them.

Next comment: its 35% and I love it too. Between sun protection and looks, I love it.

Next: nope, this is the turbocharged motor they replaces the supercharged one with.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:51 PM
frames for strength is one thing... keeping the DEALER frames is entirely another. go buy some standard black ones or something. LOL

looking back... is your windshield tinted? if so hell yea.

and ah, didnt know there was a turbo version.

Monday, June 17, 2013 2:30 PM
Markel BMW has treated me great from purchase to financing to parts/service and even giving me a second key for free ($400) because my car only came with 1 and they agreed with me that I should have had 2. I don't mind their name being on the plate frame my car came with. It helps keep the plate from rattling around and scratching the paint, and it's not a dealership I hate lol. What I NEED to finish doing is removing the previous dealerships sticker from the hatch lid. Most of it is off, but I bought the car the day after it got traded in, so I guess that's something they hadn't gotten to yet lol.

No the windshield is not tinted. These windshields chip/pit faster than any other car I've seen on the road because of their angle/height so mine needs replacing soon. When I get a new one, I might go 50% on it. I can't believe the difference when putting the window down in the heat/sunlight on me. The windshield would be a good idea, but at the very most 50%. I don't like the difference between up and down visibility out my side windows at night, and I sure as hell am not going to do that to myself on the windshield lol. There is no "roll it down real quick to see out" option on that part lol.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, June 17, 2013 4:36 PM
I personally would wrap those rims with over stretched tires, add some tire eating camber, make it too low to drive, and put dumbass stickers everywhere.

Monday, June 17, 2013 8:48 PM
I would believe you, because all your friends do that, but I've seen your cars enough to know better than to take it seriously.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:36 PM
i just did mine with this stuff they have called "air80". well, on the side windows anyway. when i get a new windshield ill be doing it in this as well. its basically clear but when you put it on the glass it goes to about 70% tint. it blocks out all the same nasty stuff from the sun that even 5% tint does. i put 35% on the back three windows in conjunction with it and the sides actually look darker than they really are, plus it doesnt have much transition. i cant wait to get the windshield done it it as well to make it look even more even.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:07 PM
I might have to look into that stuff.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:03 PM
Well. The blackout is almost done. Going to leave the handles unless I can find a cheap set of handle covers(removing the handles is more work than I want, masking is not going to come out right, and the covers go for like $100... so I might never do it lol). Tail light trim, head light trim, side marker fixtures, front grill trim, and gas door all done. So all that is left is to order the beltline vinyl to get rid of that last little touch of chrome.

Also pictured is the single outlet muffler delete I did a while back.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:09 PM
tape off and plasti dip the parts you want black dustin, works out pretty good

Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:46 PM
I don't know... plastidip is not like paint man. When trying to remove the masking tape a friend of mine had trouble with the stuff wanting to peel up. I would imagine trying to unmask while it's still wet would help that, but with the angled I'd have to get at to untape the inner door handle part, it wouldn't be easy.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search