My current project =) 5th Gen Camaro - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My current project =) 5th Gen Camaro
Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:03 AM
After enjoying the Subaru STI for a few years I was eager to get back into a V8 RWD. I have always loved the look of the 5th generation Camaros, and can't wait to spend many years making this great car look incredible.
I get NUMEROUS compliments each week on the color, Ashen Gray. Couple local guys are actually repainting their cars this color. It truly is in my opinion the best color GM makes on any vehicle. The c7 Vette looks great in this color also I think!

2012 SS/RS 6 Speed LS3

New plate. "Ashen Gray" inspired

Powdercoated wheels, Pfadt Racing suspension, Heritage front Grille, tinted windows, shaved all emblems.

Havoc Racing rear diffuser, blacked out taillight bezels, no chrome anywhere on car..clean!

Just installed great new intake also, will post pics of it later today in this thread. New hood, front lip, and Zl1 sideskirts should be here soon =)

Next big mods: car needs really wide 20 inch forged wheels to get rid of these stock rims, and Boost! =)

Thanks for looking, will post more later today.
Brett

Re: My current project =) 5th Gen Camaro
Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:07 AM
looks excellent man.!need about what, 800whp to get that SUV moving? lol

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:15 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:looks excellent man.!need about what, 800whp to get that SUV moving? lol

=) Definitely a tad heavier than my Corvettes for sure lol , but these Ls3's when modded will pack plenty of punch for sure

Cars fly with boost, my Camaro club has a ton of boosted 5th gens, the white one on the cover of this months "Camaro Performers" is in our club. 5th gens are a little heavy, you need boost or an ls7 to really start having fun, but the base 426hp is a decent starting point for sure.

Expect the 6th gen to be hundreds of pounds lighter, but I love this body style too much I'm keeping this car! Ls7 swap in future maybe...
Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:27 AM
Great color for sure.

There's white 5th gen here at work right now, has the matte black hood and ZL1 wheels, assume some appearance package but the front bumper is the same as yours but has a nice subtle black plastic lip. Bet that lip on yours would look great with the ZL1 sides.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:36 AM
Hey Joe!
That white one is a 1le Camaro. It's a track package Camaro available from dealers. That front lip you speak of is the exact one I have coming =)
The 1LE Camaro handles alot better than my standard FE4 equipped SS, ill need my wide forged rims and different sways before I can hit the track as hard as a 1LE
Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:43 AM
This one Joe
Car has transmission improvements as well.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:11 AM
Yep!

I figured you were on top of it already! It's a good looking car, but I enjoy white cars particularly the Camaro in white as well.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:13 AM

Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:15 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Yep!

I figured you were on top of it already! It's a good looking car, but I enjoy white cars particularly the Camaro in white as well.

You and me both bud =) Everytime I see a white one I remember my Cavy and picture them sitting on white wheels
Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:22 PM
Best Intake available for the Camaro, an easy Dyno Proven 16rwhp in 25 mins
They make a polished version and a black one, I went with the black one.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:10 PM
Dude.... gen5 Camaros are so F-ing gay......

Here's mine!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:41 PM
I'll keep my Monaro........ errrr..... GTO!

The 5th Gen does look sweet in that Gray and in White!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, September 06, 2013 5:21 AM
Sweet car. I love the color.

Friday, September 06, 2013 6:09 AM
No doubt that color looks badass on your 5th gen!

Are you in T.O.? If so - I gotta come check that thing out!

Friday, September 06, 2013 7:23 AM
I have all the part numbers for all the 1LE parts if you need them. I have been slowing adding them to my 2013 Camaro.

My Current Favorite Picture of my 5th gen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 06, 2013 7:24 AM
Attachments
camaro rain.jpg (411k)

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, September 06, 2013 10:47 AM
Tony Ellis wrote:No doubt that color looks badass on your 5th gen!

Are you in T.O.? If so - I gotta come check that thing out!

You got it bud, I am in the T.O./ Newbury Park area =)
Friday, September 06, 2013 12:35 PM
Looks pimp!

I love that color, wish my C6 was that color.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, September 06, 2013 12:57 PM
Exesivefire wrote:Looks pimp!

I love that color, wish my C6 was that color.

Thanks bud, always loved your cars. C6 would look wicked in this color for sure!

Color just came out in 2012, definitely a step up from the lighter and more "dull" Cyber gray. In the sun the Ashen Gray has a shiny metallic flake that helps give it an awesome reflection during the daytime.

I've always said you can't go wrong with Black, Gray, or White =)
Friday, September 06, 2013 1:06 PM
Brett, TAKE BETTER F'ING PICTURES!!!!!

Otherwise sweet

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS (908)866-1882

Friday, September 06, 2013 1:17 PM
Jeffie @ Driving Force Fabs wrote:Brett, TAKE BETTER F'ING PICTURES!!!!!

Otherwise sweet

I humbly agree I suck at pictures lol

I will work on better ones my appologies =)
Friday, September 06, 2013 1:20 PM
Apology accepted.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS (908)866-1882

Friday, September 06, 2013 3:09 PM
The color is GREAT!!! The body style sucks. Sorry I'm not a fan of them in this body style. I feel GM did the worse job on the retro styling.

I saw a 1LE in this color and with the wheels it comes with looked great for this body style. The owner said it has better tranny, gearing, brakes, and springs, then the looks part.

I do like the direction your going on the car.

Agree better pictures are in order.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 06, 2013 11:35 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:The color is GREAT!!! The body style sucks. Sorry I'm not a fan of them in this body style. I feel GM did the worse job on the retro styling.

I saw a 1LE in this color and with the wheels it comes with looked great for this body style. The owner said it has better tranny, gearing, brakes, and springs, then the looks part.

I do like the direction your going on the car.

Agree better pictures are in order.

I appreciate your honesty. I personally like all three of the modern muscle cars. I really like the mustang and Challenger from the front and side, it's just the rear end I don't like (as with the 2014 Camaro rear end). The Chrysler SRT looks mean, but is even heavier than the Camaro. The Mustang has great looks and is lighter, but still has a solid rear axle.
None of the three are perfect, but I love all three and think all can look and perform well with the right parts.
This next year will be huge for my Camaro, and I'm sure you will all love the changes.
I've always said, "it's not what you drive, but how you build it."
I'm doing everything right the first time on this car, that's why it will take a few years to finish. The wide forged 20's I want are $3000 just for the rims minus the wide tires. Also the best supercharger I've found Is the Keanne Bell one which will set me back $6k before install. I will boost this Ls3 and get the chassis and body how I want it, but after 5 years of boost I plan on throwing an LS7 in there and modding that.
Car is heavy, but I'm gutting the rear seats, carpet, etc.
I love the look of the 5th gen and love the independent rear suspension, just need to work on the chassis and motor.
The new Z28 outhandles any new Shelby mustang on the track and especially the heavier srt8 dodge.
Best part is, all of the parts are available through GM.
I am a huge fan of all the new pony cars from each manufacturer, it's all about how you build them to me.
The mustang is lighter, but had a solid rear axle and doesn't look the best to me in the rear end. I love all 3 cars from the front and side, but to me the Camaro has the best looking rear when built right. (Although the last year of this body style, the 14's I hate the rear tail lights, look super ugly.

When I'm done it will be lighter, looking better, and handling better, you guys will dig it.
I'm not about the 22 inch rims and excess BS mods I'm all about performance. The Ls3 is a great engine, I will push this as far as I can, but a ls7 swap is definitely in the future =)
Weight reduction, 20 inch wide light forged wheels, and boost is next, stay tuned
Saturday, September 07, 2013 5:42 PM
To me the dodge is the best looks wise.

Every since ford did the retro look to the mustang I have hated the mustang, same for the camaro.

Charger, Challenger, Jeep SRT all great looking, but heavy.

I do look forward to your build. Seems like a good direction.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search