witch 2.0 would you rather have? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: witch 2.0 would you rather have?
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:37 PM
Not trying to be an ass but I think the three already mentioned (3S-GTE,SR20DET, 4G63) are WAY above any of the other 4 bangers when talking about power potential and engine strength. Leave the N/A engines for commuters. Making 480 hp and boosting 27 psi w/out even taking off the valve cover is tits.

BTW,, So why the question tommyz24? Did you have a chassis in mind?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:55 PM
well sir,,i posted earlier about buying my uncles mr2...but i've done some research and this is a good engine to start..but not great..i really am starting to like the nissans..but i don't wanna be like everyone else..the mr2 has a sort of coolness to it..and not many people have it,,i'm just weighing in my options,,i'm planning to spend alot of money on my next DAILY DRIVER..so this car has to be reliable and not to killer on gas..and yes i know u shouldn't even talk about gas consumption and power in the same sentence..but gas here is 1.00 a liter.witch is 4.00a gallon..so it adds up. i do a good amount of kilometers a week.so im gonna see before i make my next car purchase..i don't wanna jump into anything
Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:05 PM
If your on a budget then the 3SGTE isnt really for you, if you want to start modding them, they dont have a readily available aftermarket since only 2 cars in N. America have them, the rare All-Trac and a limited number of Turbo MR2s, their mods will be at a higher price than the others, maybe similar to the SR20DET since it never came here at all in a production car. But since everyone is jumping on the drifting/240 bandwagon Im sure more aftermarket will be available for a the SR maybe surpassing the 3S in N. Amer. but yeah as said before the 3S is a stout engine so are the others, so good luck.

Stock for stock, my 2.2 will kick your 2.2s A$$!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search