The last Chevy Blazer - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The last Chevy Blazer
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:23 AM
A white Chevy Blazer, the last automobile manufactured in New Jersey, rolled off the assembly line at General Motors' 68 year-old plant in Linden, The Associated Press reported,
Over the years, the plant produced nearly 9 million Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, Cadillacs and other vehicles, and manufactured Grumman Wildcat fighter planes during World War II, the story said.
Declining sales of the Blazer and GMC Jimmy led GM to end production of the two SUVs that had been assembled at the plant since 1993.

RIP old faithfull.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: The last Chevy Blazer
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:21 AM
sniff sniff.

-Borsty
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:39 AM
I'm gonna miss that thing.....what a great truck.

I need a sig
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:40 AM
maybe if GM had made their SUV's to compete with the hoity-toity market such as Lincoln and Cadillac, they might have sold more... seems them rich rap stars are eatting up high end SUV's like they are gold right now.

Monday, April 25, 2005 9:49 AM
i thought that was the whole reason they were making the trailblazers and envoys, to get rid of the blazers and jimmys

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:00 AM
i think the hot selling eqinox pretty much took out the need for the blazer

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:00 AM
Brown eye wrote:i thought that was the whole reason they were making the trailblazers and envoys, to get rid of the blazers and jimmys

They did start making the Trailblazers and Envoys to replace the Blazer and Jimmy. But they still made the 2 door verison of the old blazer and they exported a crap more. But after like 11 of the 330 body style it is dead.

Moraine Assembly stopped making the 330 early in 2001 and ramped up full speed with the 360 (Trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada, Rainer, Assender, 9-7x). Until just recently where we are having a down week every 1.5 months.

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:07 PM
Blazers kick butt....good trucks, thats for sure..

Good thing is, i'm sure we will see them for some time to come...

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:18 PM
cannon fodder wrote:maybe if GM had made their SUV's to compete with the hoity-toity market such as Lincoln and Cadillac, they might have sold more... seems them rich rap stars are eatting up high end SUV's like they are gold right now.

are you dumb?

you know better cannon fodder

caddy is owned by gm

so how many jobs does nj lose now?

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:58 AM
cannon fodder wrote:maybe if GM had made their SUV's to compete with the hoity-toity market such as Lincoln and Cadillac, they might have sold more... seems them rich rap stars are eatting up high end SUV's like they are gold right now.

suburbans are a very popular choice by rich people lol

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:52 PM
theL61 wrote:

so how many jobs does nj lose now?

I don't know but I am sure Junior knows since that is where he works/worked

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:59 PM
yea... i have been working in the Linden plant for the last 9 years.... the situation sucks... anyway... here's a pic of me and the very last Blazer ever built

Junior
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:02 PM

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with you

Junior
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:05 PM
You know our last 330 was a White Blazer also. We were able to sign the inside of the Blazer where it would be covered up by carpet and such.

I Walked from the Bodyshop to the Trim shop just to sign it while it was going down the line. SO somebody is driving a white blazer with my name signed under the rear seat on the driver side.

Were you guys able to sign it also.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:06 PM
nope... we didn't get to... but i stuck a note in the truck... saying that it was the last chevy blazer ever built and put the date on it..... so maybe some day someone will find that note

Junior
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:08 PM
Our Blazer went to the Plant Manager of the Bowling Green plant where they build the Corvettes it think.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:11 PM
and to answer the question before... we already had 500 on layoff before this... now total we have about 1400 people laid off... like i said before... very sad situation... i may be off on the numbers... i'm not 100% positive

Junior
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:14 PM
Aw $hit, damn I am sorry to hear this. I did not know we had one our jbo members in that plant.
What is GM saying about this closure?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:15 AM
Good luck to you man. GM's engine plant here in Western New York is booming pretty well, if you are looking to stay with the company and don't mind relocation.

Either way, best of luck.

-------------------------
Tom
1999 Cavalier Z/24 ATX
1995 Taurus SHO MTX
1999 Chrysler 300M w/PHP

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:24 PM
yea man... i've been there for awhile... GM isn't telling us anything... just that there are no plans to assign us a new product...

Trueblue.... what plant do you work in?

Junior

Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:44 AM
dude, ive lived in linden my whole life and i would always drive by the plant. in 4th grade i took a trip there and we were able to see them build the trucks right off the line. it was the coolest thing ever. Ive always wanted a Blazer from the Linden plant so i can atleast say my truck was built in my home town. that and they are indeed sweet trucks.

Junior, im sorry to hear about you and everyone elses grim situation, i hope GM atleast thinks about re-tooling the plant. I remember hearing a rumor about them re-tooling it for the H2s. that would be indeed sweet but good luck dude, i hope things work out for you.

thank you and have a good day
CarDomain
Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:24 AM
Hope everything works out for the best

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search