Cobalt SS for almost 30k???? - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cobalt SS for almost 30k????
Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:35 AM
thats is the first color match interior ive seen other than the red

cant wait to see the blue

dealer mark-up ahahahahahahahahahaha

dave is right on with his coment too

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:57 AM
Damn! So basically you could go to the dealers lot and pay $27,000+ without getting them to mark it down a cent.... or you can "buy it now" for $28,000+ ... wow.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:46 PM
Quote:

Welcome to Midtown Motors, where cars are sold at wholesale. You will find no other on-line seller who sells quality cars and wholesale prices, with fantastic customer service.

$28k is wholesale? No wonder GM is going down the crapper. Their dealers are killing their sales.

Saturday, April 30, 2005 6:49 AM
Wow, if that dealership wasn't in Ohio, I would say that Chevrolet Dealership's parent company had to be Sonic Motors, Inc. To make a long story short, Sonic Motors, Inc. are notorious for crazy mark-ups on their vehicles and I think Dateline NBC did an expose on them a year or so ago. We have one Sonic Motors, Inc. dealership in Columbia and it's Hyundai Dealership. The only place in the Southeast I know where a person can go in buying a $22,000 Tiburon (top model) and walk out paying nearly $30,000 for options (mostly dealer installed that are nothing more than to drive up the price of the vehicle, such as $500 for a $85 sunroof deflector) that are not nearly worth that much. It's a shame when dealers and dealerships stop being honest & respectful businessmen and feel they can pull some crap such as what is happening on the e-bay auction and find some sap who would be that ignorant to pay that much for a car that isn't even worth that much. You know, we haven't even touched on the financing for that vehicle yet. However, the person who will buy this vehicle for that price will be that stupid (and yes he or she will be stupid, in my opinion) to also except a high financing rate (if done directly through the dealership) and be told that 14.5% or higher was the best rate they could offer the insipid customer because it was a sports car.

It's dealerships like these that turn people off to buying new cars.

/rant
Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:24 PM
My Black Cobalt SS listed for: $24,615, it has the performance package (recaro's and lsd), sunroof and side curtain air bags....got it for $23,500 and some change Didnt get much of a deal, I couldnt even use my GMS discount (parents work at GM) BUT im VERY happy...But that dealer is trying to pull something out of his ass for 5g's for a sunroof! The sunroof option was $795 so definitly something fishy!

Saturday, April 30, 2005 9:27 PM
ThE03FiRe wrote:My Black Cobalt SS listed for: $24,615, it has the performance package (recaro's and lsd), sunroof and side curtain air bags....got it for $23,500 and some change Didnt get much of a deal, I couldnt even use my GMS discount (parents work at GM) BUT im VERY happy...But that dealer is trying to pull something out of his ass for 5g's for a sunroof! The sunroof option was $795 so definitly something fishy!

Hey man I saw the pics of your new car, beautiful. Black is definitely a hot color on that car, especially with those smoked wheels.

Just wondering - what was the reason that you couldn't use your GMS discount on your SS? I though that it applied to almost every new GM vehicle, was it at the "dealerships discression"??

Well either way $23,500 is not a bad price at all considering its pretty much loaded I'm hoping to buy an 06 SS S/C, only option being the Sunroof. I have a friend who can get a GMS discount, hopefully I will be able to use it towards my purchase, not sure though.

My CarDomain Page
Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:50 AM
wesmanw02 wrote:
ThE03FiRe wrote:My Black Cobalt SS listed for: $24,615, it has the performance package (recaro's and lsd), sunroof and side curtain air bags....got it for $23,500 and some change Didnt get much of a deal, I couldnt even use my GMS discount (parents work at GM) BUT im VERY happy...But that dealer is trying to pull something out of his ass for 5g's for a sunroof! The sunroof option was $795 so definitly something fishy!

Hey man I saw the pics of your new car, beautiful. Black is definitely a hot color on that car, especially with those smoked wheels.

Just wondering - what was the reason that you couldn't use your GMS discount on your SS? I though that it applied to almost every new GM vehicle, was it at the "dealerships discression"??

Well either way $23,500 is not a bad price at all considering its pretty much loaded I'm hoping to buy an 06 SS S/C, only option being the Sunroof. I have a friend who can get a GMS discount, hopefully I will be able to use it towards my purchase, not sure though.

They couldn't give it to me on the mine SS because they are in such high demand, and we have bought MANY cars from them in the past BUT if I waited til 06' when there will be plenty available GMS discount will most likely be used then BUT oh well I am too impatient and an impulse buyer...LOL...Oh and thanks for the comments!!!

Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:15 AM
i dont want to wait but im going to have to

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search