my new cobalt - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my new cobalt
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:23 PM
i got the new cobalt base model everything today only cuz thats all i can afford but its a fun car its 5 speed, ive never driven an eco before and it really suprised me how much quicker it is then my 2200...heres some pics...

i plan on getting the rksport wing for it since it looks a little plain without one but it shouldnt be too long to get that

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies

Re: my new cobalt
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 5:10 PM
for gods sake drop it before a wing
itll look better with a drop than it would with any wing

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 5:16 PM
still not a fan but congrats at the meet bring a frined so you can bring both cars hahaha

I like the color alot good choice and eco 5-speed is a nice step

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 5:30 PM
Very nice- Nothing wrong with a base coupe-That might be what I get too...

Good choice in color....

Blue is a good color in the coupe...

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:50 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Arrival Blue Metallic is definitely one of the nicest colors of any new car, and it looks especially nice on the Cobalt Coupe

Whats funny though is how you have a nice looking Cav - but when you put it side-by-side to the Cobalt, it just looks really dated. Cobalt just has a nicer, more modern look to it, not to mention the interiors are incomparable

My CarDomain Page
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:04 PM
The exhaust pipe looks really small?

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:06 PM
^^^eh not really i still love the look of the exterior of the cavalier....the interior is a differnt story

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:32 PM
man im sorry, but im not feelin it at all. your cavy looks 100x's better. You could have swapped a 2.4 in there, but a charger on it and call it a day. Oh well, have fun!

-Adam

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:28 PM
nah im sick of the cav its slow as hell and i cant drive it on half the roads around here cuz of the lowering, so i got this cobalt to start new again, get some 18s instead of 17's and eventually get some lowering springs, but not right away because i have to commute to school next year and the roads suck but i like it its fun, 5 speed is a lot of fun, my first manual, if you like the cav its for sale i like my cav a lot but im just kinda getting tired of it, thats just how i am

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:59 PM
Looks nice. Rims, drop, and maybe a small wing would make it look a lot better though.
I've grown to like the cobalt a lot.
I would like to own an SS if GM would make one in white.
That would be sweet.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:24 PM
your cav is 1000x's nicer. i'm sure the old 2.2 is a downer Vs. the new Eco....but?
i'm just not feeling it. and i like Cobalts.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:22 AM
eh, guess im not a big fan of new car styling.

nice upgrade thou. get some rims and exhast (that exhast looks pea sized)

-Borsty
Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:11 AM
Nice step up from the Cavalier, but I am not personally feeling the Cobalt at all. I just never had a fancy for it. That blue is really nice though.

Have a good one,
Justin

Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:30 AM
you say your cavy is to low for your roads!? And you want to put some 18's on there with a drop?

-Adam

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:17 AM
wikkymaster: Awsome dude, welcome to the club. I felt the same way as you did about getting tired of the Cavy. I had an 02' with the Eco and I still wanted to upgrade. The Cobalt has so much protential it's not even funny. Especially with a five speed, it can be made in to a very very fun and nice looking car with a few additions. Good luck with the new car, and keep us updated...

CobaltSS.net

Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:53 AM
Justin Cox wrote:Nice step up from the Cavalier, but I am not personally feeling the Cobalt at all. I just never had a fancy for it. That blue is really nice though.

Have a good one,
Justin

maybe it will be better when they redesign them in a few yaers

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:22 AM
Maybe, who knows. I know that the sedan concept picture that was floating around with the coupe looking rear end is pretty slick looking compared to the current sedan that is out now. I think themarin8r mentioned something about that coming out in the next couple of years?

Who knows, some of the kitted Cobalts they have look pretty good but there is still something that doesn't appeal to me about them. Just my opinion.

Have a good one,
Justin

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:29 AM
quote wasnt meant directly towards you
just everyone in general who feels the same way

it would be nice if next year they decided to realy the 272 cobalt

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:45 AM
what size eco is in the cobalt?

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:41 PM
2.0L S/C -> SS coupe
2.4L -> SS Sedan (if ever)
2.2L -> base and everything else

Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:36 PM
yea well i would have got the better one if i could afford it, im 18 working part time with a cav and a cobalt and i wanted a base model so i could do everything to it myself, im not paying for alloys when im just gonna change em anyways you know? well im glad some of you like it, its pretty quick and about the cav looking nice, thanks but looking nice doesnt get you where you need to be so, its not too low for the roads, just i have a sucky coilover set up and i dont want to spend the money to redo it all on a cav with an engine that doesnt have much potential so i decided to get a cobalt and start fresh with a decent engine

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:40 PM
just give me some time im hoping i can make it a lot nicer then the cav, ive learned from my mistakes on the cav what to do with this car

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Friday, April 29, 2005 11:16 PM
do you really love Rizza??? lol, looks good.

View my MySpace
Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:16 PM
lol no rizza sucked to deal with

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Sunday, May 01, 2005 2:10 AM
lone_wolf wrote:The exhaust pipe looks really small?
i 2nd that 1st mod should be a cat back and intake i feel your pain with the 2.2 auto. i had a 2000 cav sedan with a 2.2 i got sick of how slow it was so i got a saturn l300 V6 then the wife took it over and i had to drive her prizm got sick of how slow that pos was so i got another cav but with a eco and a 5speed. it is light years faster then the old cav. a frind of mine drove it last sat and he said it is a quick ticket to a day in court lol

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search