Mitsubishi Eclipse will be lower priced - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mitsubishi Eclipse will be lower priced
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:21 AM
PICS OF THE CAR HERE.

The redesigned 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse is expected to go on sale by Memorial Day with a sticker slightly below the current model.
The base sticker of the Eclipse, Mitsubishi's best-known model, is anticipated to be about $20,000, including freight. That would be about $275 less than the current model. Mitsubishi has not released official prices.

"No vehicle in our lineup has been as successful" as the Eclipse, said Mitsubishi, at a press event here on April 25.
Mitsubishi is desperate for a hit. Its U.S. sales plummeted 39.3 percent through the first three months of this year. Sales of the Eclipse dropped 27.5 percent to 3,132 in the same period. The car accounted for 9.1 percent of the brand's total sales.

Mitsubishi would not speculate on Eclipse sales but said the company's plant in Normal, Ill., has a capacity of 42,000 annually on one shift. The company sold 12,012 Eclipses in 2004 and 27,897 in 2003. The numbers exclude the Eclipse Spyder.

The redesigned Eclipse comes in two models, the GS and the GT.
The GS comes with a 2.4-liter, 162-hp four-cylinder engine with either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission. The current four-cylinder engine makes 147 hp.

The GT has a 3.8-liter, 263-hp V-6 with either a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission. The current 3.0-liter V-6 makes 200 hp in the GT and 210 hp in the GTS.
The GT will have a base price below $25,000, including freight.
The redesigned Eclipse has more interior room and a new 650-watt audio system.
The company expects the GT to account for 65 percent of sales. The primary customers will be split equally between singles and married couples aged 25 to 35.

The ad campaign begins June 12.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse will be lower priced
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:27 AM
any torque numbers?

-Borsty
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:01 AM
FWD?

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:39 AM
Yick.

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:43 AM
eww

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:39 PM
The sides and back are pretty hot, but the front looks ewww. WHY IN THE HELL does mitsu try to imitate a pontiac. Last eclipse had the gay lines on the door. This one has that stupid pontiac dual-port grille look.
Monday, May 02, 2005 3:16 PM
that interior is horrible.....its so ugly, kinda odd desinged

the exterior is decent looking but i duno....ive never really liked anything mitsu has put out

Monday, May 02, 2005 3:30 PM
i miss the older eclipse style they should have updated that body style and gave it the lancer motor for us in canada
Monday, May 02, 2005 7:24 PM
I'm not big on the history of Eclipses...but why no turbo?

Not a bad body design..little different then what alot have seen...I'm not sure I would be interested though, but being on a air force base with alot of single airmen...there will be a good amount for sure

Monday, May 02, 2005 7:32 PM
^^
what base are you at? im at robins.

FantaZ wrote:i miss the older eclipse style they should have updated that body style and gave it the lancer motor for us in canada

except they have the evo in the us so that wouldnt make sense

Monday, May 02, 2005 7:51 PM
theL61 wrote:^^
what base are you at? im at robins.

Edwards

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:44 PM
cool

how is the west coast?
what is your afsc
mine is 2a7x3

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:16 PM
I'm the dependent...though I'm milking it being in college and all. I am going into the Air Force, as long as my neurosurgeon passes me on my back and all..

If you mean Occupation, he is Security Forces, Flight chief of SFOD, though he will be deployed to Iraq for some strange reason...being on a base that will deploy an E-7?

AFSC (armed forces services corporation?)

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:20 PM
everyone gets deployed
well enlisted people anyway
chiefs even

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:58 PM
i honestly think the new version looks awesome and that 263hp V6 is gonna hauls some serious ass.

96 2.2 5speed
**SOLD**
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:00 AM
^^ I like it too. Very different. The only thing that sets me back is Mitsubishi's reliability.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:20 AM
i like it. just think, it has more power than a GTP or Regal GS, and it's going to weigh less (not much, but some). that = pretty quick

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search