Thoughts on the 03 Lancer? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thoughts on the 03 Lancer?
Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:40 PM
Well im about to get another car and i saw this sweet white lancer for under 7,000 with 60,000+ miles. Question is how reliable are these? Other cars for consideration are the 95-99 Eclipse, 02 Cougar or a Jetta. I am leaning towards the lancer. This will be a daily driver with some aftermarket parts.

Re: Thoughts on the 03 Lancer?
Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:58 PM
Lancers are decent, they get good gas mileage.. and they have no resale value so they're cheap.

I'd jump on it.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:01 PM
You can put an EVO spoiler on it, some crazy ass graphics, drop it, some rims and you are good to go!

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:10 AM
If thats the car you like, go for it. Don't expect any kind of speed out of it though. I drove one for a week while my friends car was in the shop and it was his rental, and my god. Going from that Lancer back to my Cavy was a dream, lol. The Lancer just had nothing worth of pickup (it was an automatic though). I think their only like 120hp or something anyways? The only normal Lancer worth going for for speed is the Ralli Art. The Lancer will give you great gas mileage, but it'll make you bored beyond belief, lol. If thats what you want though, go for it
Monday, October 23, 2006 11:25 AM
not really impressed with it... you could get alot better...

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:33 AM
there really slow, my 97 2.2 OHV cav has whopped up on one at the drag strip

reliablity? ehh my friends girl had one and it was a pos from the day she bought it, leaking water and everything else, could of been a lemon but that car was junk.

id get the jetta if i were you

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:31 PM
NO DONT
they are worse than a j in just about every aspect but its name

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:58 PM
Like others have said the Lancer is grossly underpowered, and really not that great of a car.

I'm a bit biased, but I say out fo the cars you're thinking with, go with the Jetta. It's the most powerful and most well built out of any of those. I'll also say most reliable however I'm sure some here will argue that. If you go want a nice daily driver and dont plan to mod it much get the VR6 for a fair amount of power and torque and very nice dailt driveability. However if you plan on modding it more go with the 1.8t as it's alot more responsive to mods and alot easier to make big power. A chipped 1.8 puts down right around 195-200 to the wheels with a good exhaust with 250ish ft lbs to go w/ it. All that power plus if youre easy in the gas and keep the RPM's low you have no boost so therefore 35+mpg.

Monday, October 23, 2006 1:02 PM
a kid on my street has a Ralli Art and it was in the shop a few weeks ago. i forgot what happen to it. but he had the new eclipse for a rental
Monday, October 23, 2006 4:48 PM
The Ralli Art Lancer is a nice step up from the stock Lancer. I think the Ralli Art is around 160hp, and you can put the nice skirts, rims, spoiler, etc on it and it'll look nice from the factory. Any car review you can read will EASILY say that the normal Lancer and OZ Rally Lancer are a waste of time with now badly underpowered they are. Most reviews recommend the Lancer Ralli Art just cause of the better engine, suspension and all around better quality then the bottom of the rung Lancer.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search