so i bought another impreza. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so i bought another impreza.
Monday, January 10, 2011 2:07 PM
its a 2000 subaru impreza RS, 5 speed 2.5l. it does have a ton of miles but honestly runs and drives like new. when i showed up to look at it we started it up and it purred like a little kitten. then i seen the milage and i was shocked. but heck it just recently had the headgaskets and all done with new alt and belts. so it seemed to be well mainttained and is very clean inside. outside at some point has been repainted but over all is fair with mnimal rust for the year.i did give 2700 out the door for it and being that everyone in this region sells subarus for top dollar i think i did well. anyways on to the pics. they are dealer pics and it looks same either way so i felt no need to go and take my own. let me know what you think. keep in mind this is more of a beater than show car i do want fix/change a couple things.

btw there is 283K on the car

Re: so i bought another impreza.
Monday, January 10, 2011 2:30 PM
Thats the nicest "beater" i have seen in a while. I love those cars. What are your plans for it?

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:33 PM
Cute! I'd add that to my stable
Seems like you got a good price too.

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:35 PM
I actually saw this car on craigslist a couple of days ago, it looked clean and it said has really high miles, didn't think it'd be THAT high.. lol

I remember looking a while back at the RS' when I was looking for a different car, they hold their value really well, hoping mine will follow suit.

I didn't realize you were near columbus either, I'm up in New Albany.

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:38 PM
KG wrote:Thats the nicest "beater" i have seen in a while. I love those cars. What are your plans for it?

my main plans are to fix little odd and end things with it and get it back to its glory of like new. i'm looking to probably put a front and rear lip, set of wheels, tint, black the head lights, amber corners, and later on fix the rust and have it panted. just trying to keep it simple since its more of a beater/dd than anything. i'm sure i will come across something to inspire me. lol

thanks starrgrl. yeah i felt i did fair.

OhForKavy wrote:I actually saw this car on craigslist a couple of days ago, it looked clean and it said has really high miles, didn't think it'd be THAT high.. lol

I remember looking a while back at the RS' when I was looking for a different car, they hold their value really well, hoping mine will follow suit.

I didn't realize you were near columbus either, I'm up in New Albany.

yeah the mileage made me step back for a minute, but for how well it ran and drove i couldn't resist. honestly when i am sitting in the car i forget it is running it is that quite. even on excelleration it is quite and just goes. i have a 02 impreza wagon that has half the mileage and doesn't sound as good as this car. mechanically it is very sound to. i've been playing in the little snow we have left and its been doing great.

yeah i'm in lancaster southeast of columbus. i now work for AAA in the light service trucks area and we cover the columbus and 270 surrounding areas. so i have been up to the new albany area quite a bit. it seems to always be my last call of the night to. lol which doesn't bother me.

Monday, January 10, 2011 4:09 PM
Very nice purchase! The 283k would of scared me though.
Monday, January 10, 2011 5:38 PM
Nice i'm about to get a 98 Legacy Gt Limited. traded for my hatch.

Monday, January 10, 2011 6:39 PM
Awesome. I love the CG chassis, lightweight and AWD is a rare combination now. I am on my 2nd 1st gen impreza WRX (JDM import) and have had no problems in 2 years of ownership. Enjoy yours.

WRX wagon

www.drluc.ca
Monday, January 10, 2011 8:16 PM
Even with those miles it looks to be pretty decent for sure.All that work done makes the mileage less imparitive.Good buy for a daily kick around.Buy some new floor mats that is a cheap very effective upgrade to add a little new feature.For about 35 bux for some decent ones.I like it.

Monday, January 10, 2011 10:05 PM
well, i kbb'd it for my area w/ that miles. and suggested retail is shockingly 4,783. so i'd say u did alright.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:34 AM
Z- yeah the only time the mileage scares me is when I see the odometer. Lol. Driving it and looking at it you would never know.

Nightmare - nice. I really thought about one. But this one came up first so u know I had to.

Sip - I really wanted an 04 sti for a toy. But still love most all the impreza gens.

Ron - yeah that's how I talked my self into it. If all the maintenance was not done I would other probably just walked away.

02- wow didn't know it retained so much value. Lol wish cavs did the same.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:27 PM
Give it to me you greedy bastard, you got enough already.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:52 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Give it to me you greedy bastard, you got enough already.

have enough what? my wife already stole my bugeye wagon. i'm sick of driving the cav in the snow.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:16 AM
Ooooooo you got jacked lol

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:53 PM
Friday, January 14, 2011 8:44 AM
Clean ass car for the mileage. Dont see many like that.

Friday, January 14, 2011 5:45 PM
I'm pickin mine up next wek.

Friday, January 14, 2011 9:22 PM
thanks guys.

nightmare- nice i really like the gt's to. i almost picked one of those up but couldn't find a good enough priced one.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:24 AM
I wanted an impreza. This is my first auto in quite a few years. But he wants to trade. no other scoby owners wanted to trade.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 3:16 PM
Well atleast u found one to trade.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 3:51 PM
92 Si with a LSD and a B16 helps.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:12 PM
Nice pick up. Looks like a fun car to drive.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Monday, January 17, 2011 11:47 AM
Nice!

Monday, January 17, 2011 9:18 PM
skid plate, snow tires, and rallyx the @!#$ out of that.

nice 2.5.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:40 PM
So, whens the STi swap thread coming?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search