To those using Emanage.. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To those using Emanage..
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:36 AM
Ive been thinking about trying it, but am still not 100% sold on what Im going to do. If you are or have used it, give me your honest opinion.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: To those using Emanage..
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:51 AM
Im probably going to use it for my turbo kit.... im still undecided on what turbo im going to use which is why I dont know if im going to use emangement...... for the 2000 and newer guys with 2.4s they seem to not have a problem other then minor cels which they use a resistor to correct it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:18 AM
The installation is a PITA... but for what it's worth, Megasquirt > E-Manage

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:20 AM
Im selling my emanage, if that tells ya anything.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:23 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:The installation is a PITA... but for what it's worth, Megasquirt > E-Manage
Im not worried about installation....Thats my specialty... As far as megasquirt goes, I have installed a few, but am not impressed and its not how I want my fuel mangement to be ran...I want to control what I have, not add xtra injectors..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:26 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:The installation is a PITA... but for what it's worth, Megasquirt > E-Manage
Im not worried about installation....Thats my specialty... As far as megasquirt goes, I have installed a few, but am not impressed and its not how I want my fuel mangement to be ran...I want to control what I have, not add xtra injectors..

Perhaps you should read a little bit more about Megasquirt. Quite a few people have had problems with E-manage on their factory PCM's. That tends to happen with some piggyback systems. Megasquirt is a standalone, which is why installation and integration can be a pain in the ass. Now, Megasquirt offers a much higher level of control and tuning capability than E-manage, which is the whole reason to consider Megasquirt over E-manage in the first place.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:34 AM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:

Perhaps you should read a little bit more about Megasquirt. Quite a few people have had problems with E-manage on their factory PCM's. That tends to happen with some piggyback systems. Megasquirt is a standalone, which is why installation and integration can be a pain in the ass. Now, Megasquirt offers a much higher level of control and tuning capability than E-manage, which is the whole reason to consider Megasquirt over E-manage in the first place.
Like I said, I know all about Megasquirt, BUT, thats not the route Im wanting to go. People have had problems with SAFC's too, but people still use them on here. Im fairly confident (looking at my history and backround) that I can do the install. Im just wanting some people that have used it (on this site) opionins. The truth of the matter is, I can make this thing run just fine without it, as I have for the past 3+ years. To most people on this site it seems that the Megasquirt is the next best thing to peanut butter, I personally dont want to use it...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:14 AM
Jay wrote:Im selling my emanage, if that tells ya anything.
Jay,werent you having problems with your injector IMP??

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:14 AM
rayn, cavyjoson(jason young) used it on his turboed 2.2 for like 2.5yrs i believe, he has info on his website too, but i cant remember what it is

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:51 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:rayn, cavyjoson(jason young) used it on his turboed 2.2 for like 2.5yrs i believe, he has info on his website too, but i cant remember what it is
I know he did, I actually called and left a message for him the other day...BTW, Il try to give you a call tonight Brandon...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:01 AM
Hey Phats! I'm taking it your having that motor built or its complete and your just finishing another project.. long time no talk to huh?

**changes are here**

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:41 PM

Yes...anything from 96-98 is having problems really. There was no way for the EManage to see that I was running a different impedence...and thus, it was not showing normal injection duty cycle correctly.

It would read fine on a Tech 2 but on the laptop it would read 0.1%, and if you use the additional injection map(which is adding fuel the correct way with the emanage) the emanage multiplies the additional injection from the factory injection duty cycle, anything times 0.1% is not going to be enough fuel.

Although a few people I know have used it and had great success with it, its actually a great tool and can control a variety of different things, and if you can find the software, you can use the autotune feature...

Jason Young knows alot about the emanage so hes definately someone to talk to about the whole thing. Good luck bro!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:53 PM
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:Hey Phats! I'm taking it your having that motor built or its complete and your just finishing another project.. long time no talk to huh?
Well, its not done yet, its actually just sitting there on the stand in the garage..... I was in town the other day, as a matter of fact the car is still in Ohio....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:27 PM
Jay wrote:

Yes...anything from 96-98 is having problems really. There was no way for the EManage to see that I was running a different impedence...and thus, it was not showing normal injection duty cycle correctly.

It would read fine on a Tech 2 but on the laptop it would read 0.1%, and if you use the additional injection map(which is adding fuel the correct way with the emanage) the emanage multiplies the additional injection from the factory injection duty cycle, anything times 0.1% is not going to be enough fuel.

Although a few people I know have used it and had great success with it, its actually a great tool and can control a variety of different things, and if you can find the software, you can use the autotune feature...

Jason Young knows alot about the emanage so hes definately someone to talk to about the whole thing. Good luck bro!
lol, I remember me and you talking at Steak $ Shake and at the track about it this year at the Bash.....BTW, hows it all working out Jay??

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:54 PM
How about AEM? It's more expensive but I've had a lot of success with the EMS on Hondas. More so than the piggybacks, although they work too. I've considered using SAFC or eManage on my LN2 when it's done, but as far as I can tell stand alone is the way to go. I know nothing about Megasquirt, other than you build it yourself and it seems popular here.

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:04 PM
Jay wrote:

lol, I remember me and you talking at Steak $ Shake and at the track about it this year at the Bash.....BTW, hows it all working out Jay??

Not so good, I decided to sell it and go with the Megasquirt...I could never fix the problem, even tried using different switch settings seeing as some Supras have low impedence injectors but never could find a solution.

I check all my connects like 10 times, even tried soldering ins some resistors, 10 ohm 10 wat, never worked, so now I am switching to megasquirt, should be done by March 18th so I can test and tune at gateway. Been a while since we last talked, hows things with you?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:38 PM
oh and BTW I dont know if any one mentioned it but the MS isnt just an EIC

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:38 PM
Jay wrote: Been a while since we last talked, hows things with you?
not too bad, just going through boost withdrawels since the car is still in Ohio.....Gotta love retreads!!! Let me know when you will be in town...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:29 PM
Ryan, If you have yet to purchase the emanage i know pat is selling his and you could probally pick it up for $300 or under. He is trying to sell it to me but seems most people are not having luck with them on the ecotecs. I lost your number so next time you are in town working on the car give me a call and i will try to come over and help. Hope every thing is going good for you over in St Louis.

Burkett

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:48 PM
Whats up Burkett.......Il PM you my #s.. Hows Pats project coming BTW??? I actually have a local here who I really trust (Yes you Mr Fetter) that I would get it off of IF I go that route. I talked to my buddy James(owner of QuickRev!) and he wants to help out with the new mani and downpipe......Im sure you remember him has that red Vette thats running 10's spinning on slicks halfway down the track at KK.....You talked to him a few times......Well, its pushing over 750+hp now

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:48 PM
yeah i have talked to Sean the other owner of quick rev a few times about tuning if the HP software comes out. But yeah i know who you are talking about.
Pats car is running right now but he is trying to get the car to idle with 650cc injectors and not having much luck. I told him about 2 dozens times he wouldn't be able to get the car to run right with that big of injectors and emanage but just wouldn't listen. He is saying he wants the emanage ultimate so thats why his is for sale. But whenever you are in town next give me a holler

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search