Help with Emanage - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with Emanage
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:23 PM
I dont know a lot about the greddy emanage but for some reason i am really rich down low. And because of the fact car is so rich down low when i come to stop light and try to go the car will start to die. The only way i have been able to stop this from time to time is to sit there for about a minute and hold the car steady at about 2000-2500rpms then go just to clean up the extra fuel, the car will also hesitate(because of the extra fuel in the motor) when i push the throttle down to get the rpms up. Basically im wondering if the emanage setting is wrong for my car, if i recall correctly there different settings for different manufactures(ex. honda, toyota, mazda). Also i have 42lb injectors which also could be helping this problem. It's 2200 on 8.5 lbs of boost. Or is there a problem with my car that im not thinking of?

Re: Help with Emanage
Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:22 PM
Just curious on how you know if you're rich or not...do you have a wideband?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:33 PM
well, your tune is obviously off. you need to pull fuel down low. you need a wideband.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, December 23, 2005 9:44 PM
i put the car on the wide band thats how i know its rich but my tuner said that if he took more fuel from the bottom end it would make the car dangerously lean on the top end, so right now he said he had to make the compromise. Thats why im wondering if the emanage setting is wrong, and curious to what everyone else is setting there emanage's too. Basically he made it enough to run relatively good and pretty fast comparatively speaking of course. But with a car that looks like mine does its really embarassing when i stall at every other light.
Friday, December 23, 2005 10:20 PM
midnight24 wrote:i put the car on the wide band thats how i know its rich but my tuner said that if he took more fuel from the bottom end it would make the car dangerously lean on the top end, so right now he said he had to make the compromise. Thats why im wondering if the emanage setting is wrong, and curious to what everyone else is setting there emanage's too. Basically he made it enough to run relatively good and pretty fast comparatively speaking of course. But with a car that looks like mine does its really embarassing when i stall at every other light.

I've never used an e-manage before but the range of tuning from what you're describing sucks or your computer is being a pain and is fighting with the e-manage.

Also, how is your fuel pressure at idle?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:02 AM
midnight24 wrote:i put the car on the wide band thats how i know its rich but my tuner said that if he took more fuel from the bottom end it would make the car dangerously lean on the top end, so right now he said he had to make the compromise. Thats why im wondering if the emanage setting is wrong, and curious to what everyone else is setting there emanage's too. Basically he made it enough to run relatively good and pretty fast comparatively speaking of course. But with a car that looks like mine does its really embarassing when i stall at every other light.

i think you need a tuner who really knows what he is doing.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:09 AM
Wait, you have an emanage and the guy can't modify the maps so you don't have too much fuel down low and enough up top?

Go to a new tuner he doesn't know what he's doing. The whole purpose of the emanage is to be ABLE to do that.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:10 AM
Yup . Just out of curiousity... is this being tuned on a dyno or in some guy's garage who thinks he knows what he is doing?

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:54 AM
it was tuned on a mustang dyno, but i haven't had any road tuning if that makes a difference.
Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:41 PM
midnight24 wrote:it was tuned on a mustang dyno, but i haven't had any road tuning if that makes a difference.

no that's good. dyno tunes are typically better than street tunes for any electronic tuning platform.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search