I need a crash course on Emanage Tuning plz help - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need a crash course on Emanage Tuning plz help
Thursday, April 21, 2005 5:28 PM
hey sup guys i just installed my emanage yesterday, i have everything hooked up besides the ignition harness only cuz i wired it backward by accident and it was too late at night to switch the connectors so i just plugged it up like stock

anyways i cant figure out how to tune this damn thing, if someone could give me a base map or something i could work off of that be awesome, an explanation would be good too, im using the greddy pressure sensor and the injector harness right now so if ya could let me know what to do that be great

also i got the car to start up no problem after i adjusted the injector correction i put 252cc as original and 350cc as the new amount but im not sure if thats right im running brown tops and im not sure if they are 35lbs at 43.5psi or psi i would imagine i would have to turn my pressure back up to 43.5psi as i have it set at 35 right now ... but it still runs alright at that correction level

anyways i set the anti stall to what mr pute is using 500-850 and 4-2 at 1% throttle seems to work alright

my setting on the unit is also 3-4-2 i believe seems to work alright as well

one thing thats weird is i can get real time graphing to work at all i cant tell what any of the sensors are doing and i dunno how to fix this, could this be due to me updating the software on the computer and not the firmware on the emanage??

if anyone can help me that be great

thanks so much

Re: I need a crash course on Emanage Tuning plz he
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:10 PM
i am running the emanage, i am not sure why your sensors aren't showing up in real time data logging, is it communicating? it isn't the software.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:14 PM
yes its communicating as i have already updated my settings on the unit to run the larger injectors and everything but i dont know why i can see the stuff working

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:18 PM
make sure you dont typo out the t in cant

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:28 PM
yeah that wold help haha yeah i cant see anything

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:31 PM
not sure why those arent coming up, are you sure they are hooked up to the right wires?

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:37 PM
yes positive

Friday, April 22, 2005 5:05 AM
could it bee i have to update my firmware on the unit??, can anyone out there give me tips on the tunning? i wanna know how to make the fuel increase with the boost the emanage sees, i also have a wideband but i dunno where to start with these maps

thanks

Friday, April 22, 2005 10:00 AM
Is the Icon in the upper right corner flashing green on your computer screen when the emanage support tool is loaded?

Go into your parameter setting on the support tool (it is the little car picture) and do the throttle setting to confirm that the computer is communicating.

Still if nothing check or try a different COM port. I know that on my lap top one of the COM ports says that the unit is communicating when it is actually not.

Check Check and ReCheck all your connections.

good luck
Friday, April 22, 2005 12:15 PM
all the connections are fine i already checked twice , the thing is communicating as i get the little picture flashing at the top and all the maps become active and im able to flash the unit with the settings i want, also it can read my throttle when i do the test just fine so i dunno what it is, im gonna try updating the firmware tonight

can anyone send me a map of them using the greddy pressure sensor with the injector harness as i just need something to look at to get an idea what i need to do, also how do i tell what boost level its at all it shows is Volts i dunno

thanks ill let ya know how i make out

Friday, April 22, 2005 12:24 PM
o yeah it can read all the sensor limits and what not so like the map it shows its 5 in 5 out and stuff like that i just cant get the realtime graph to work

Saturday, April 23, 2005 10:32 PM
can anyone atleast gimme a link to where i can find the info, ive been to the yahoo group but no help there

anyone

Please

Sunday, April 24, 2005 1:13 PM
Sup Z!! Well finally got the Z running. Not completely back together but enough to start. Hopefully out on the road soon!! Yay. Good luck with your emanage im a Apex guy lol. (Netzero)
Sunday, April 24, 2005 1:35 PM
nice good luck with that adam ! glad to hear ya got it going again

i just hope someone can direct me to somewhere i can find out info on tuning with the emanage as right now i have no clue...

Sunday, April 24, 2005 4:29 PM
that is really weird why it is doing that to you. if you can read the throttle position voltage, it is communicating.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 5:47 PM
yup but if some one could please explain how to tune this thing that be great ugg

Sunday, April 24, 2005 7:38 PM
First input some real rich value in to the 16X16 additional injection map using RPM and Greddy map sensor as you X and Y axis. It is way better to start rich that way you don't do dammage by starting lean. Of course you will have to estimate. Small addition amount for low rpm high vacume (low load situations). Larger amounts for high rpm and boost (high load situations).

I would start in the outter most corners of the map. Say for 500 rpm and .50 voltage on the greddy map sensor, input 1 for the value. For 500rpm and 3.50 volts 0n the map sensor input 5 for the value. For 7500 rpm and .50 volts input 6 for the value. For 7500 rpm and 3.50 volts on the map sensor in put 100.

Then use the interpolate feature on the menu bar and it will fill the rest of the map in. I know thes number are real extreem but you have to think that you are not running 3-bar of boost at 3.50 volts on the map sensor at 7500 rpm. This is a real rough fuel cureve to start the process.

With these values, run the car while dataloging and paying close attention to your A/F ratio. Review the data and subtract small amounts of fuel out of the places where it is extreemly rich.

When you start doing this you will only be working on small portions of the map at a time say about 10 to 20 cells at a time with the interpolat feature.

That should get you started. Then just keep making fine little adjustments where needed in the map to get the desired A/F ratio. A good A/F ratio will take time to achieve.

I am not saying these number are right for you set up. They are just a suggestion. If you notice a problem, let off the throttle instantly. This stuff take time to learn and can be overwhelming. It is a lot of guess and check. Start tunning with low boost levels, no more than 5-7 psi.

run the car, record data, review data, make Small changes where needed, and repeat this over and over.

Good luck
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:58 PM
thanks for taking the time to write that for me

i at least got a basic map now

got a few questions still

what does the Volts pertain to on the Greddy Pressure sensor does it equal a certain amount of boost like 1.5 =2psi over atmosphere or something like that? if ya could explain this that be great

also what should i do with the airflow map? im still not sure how these things work lol i know you can take away fuel in this map correct? but what else is it good for

another thing when i get going on the timing map whats a good way to set it up i herd 1-2 retard is good for every psi of boost but im still not sure what the whole Volt things means with the greddy pressure sensor but i dunno if i really need it ill only be running 7psi threw the gm supercharger at the moment

is there anything else i would need to know??

thanks a bunch

Monday, April 25, 2005 10:09 AM
1.50 volts is 0 vac and 0 boost. One tenth of a volt is about 1 PSI of boost.

Use the air flow map to take out fuel for idle and low RPM driving. It is really only good for taking out fuel durring these types of conditions when you are using much larger injectors. I would say use it for anything over 310cc injectors. The factory computer will usually compensate good enough with injectors smaller than 310cc to the best of my knowledge.

For timming retard, a rule of thumb is 1 degree of retard per pound of boost. It is hard to get it exact on the map so you will have to do some math and estimate in some areas.

I would say, to start you off, is to find the cell on the map where your max boost is that you are currently running at red line. Run the car and data log to find this out, If the A/F is rich you will be fine for one or to runs to find this out. Enter in the number of retard for boost there. 7 PSI= -7 for retard. Rember the voltage refrence that I stated above, 1PSI is about a tenth of a volt, estimate it will be close enough. 1-2 degrees will not make that much of a difference

Now find the cell were boost comes in at full throttle. For example 1 PSI at 1500 RPM, Take out 1 degree there. Go directly down from there on the map to your max boost voltage (7PSI will be about 2 volts), enter in -3 or -4, or half of you max boost.

Then go directly up from your max boost / max RPM cell (the first cell you set), to the cell boost comes in at and enter in -3 or -4 or half of you max boost.

Now if you did this right you should have 4 values spread out on the map in a block shape (4 corners, remember that game in BINGO lol), use you interpolate feature like you did for your fuel map. This will fill in the rest of the map for a decent slope in timming retard.

Now you are just about done. Now that you have a base timming map set up, extend one row down and one collum over and input a value for one more degree retard in each cell. This will give you a cushion incase you are way off on your estimated max boost. If you really want to be safe go 2 rows and 2 collums. This is so if for any reason that the boost goes higher than you expected, the timming retard won't go back to 0, which will be factory timming.

good luck, hope I hit every thing, I did this kind of fast.
Monday, April 25, 2005 1:39 PM
thanks a bunch man ill let ya know how i make out

Saturday, May 14, 2005 11:14 AM
hey jamie i was just wondering, to take out fuel with the airflow adjustment map, do you input a positive value or a negative value...thanx

<a href="www.daptronics.com">www.daptronics.com Huge Discounts on Electronics</a>

Saturday, May 14, 2005 11:17 AM
anybody have any imput on what to put for the boost limiter cut setting? or has anyone messed with the acceleration map

<a href="www.daptronics.com">www.daptronics.com Huge Discounts on Electronics</a>
Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:59 PM
any updates? i am reading this thread with great intrest
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search