aem or innovate? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aem or innovate?
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:38 PM
getting ready to buy a wideband, anyone using the aem ego wideband kit? what do you think of it? is the innovate kit better to get? there both about the same price so money isn't the issue, I want a good wideband.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Re: aem or innovate?
Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:13 AM
i got Aem Uego wideband Love it but i did ehar innovative is just better

Ecotecforum on FaceBook
Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:19 AM
I have a innovate LC-1. Love it.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:31 AM
Love my innovate

Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:23 PM
My Innovative is good also. I have about three friends with the exact same as mine (LC-1) with no problems.
Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:43 PM
call it stupid or whatever but I like the idea of having a digital and led analog display the aem gauge has just so I don't have to worry about watching a number all the time and I can just catch a color out of the corner of my eye

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:52 PM
The innovate xd-16 has the same thing with lights and readout.
Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:38 PM
AEM works easier with HPT.... i have never got a Innovative to work right with HPT

Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:46 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:AEM works easier with HPT.... i have never got a Innovative to work right with HPT

x2 I think the AEM PID is probably easier to setup in HPT and more reliable.
I have the LC-1 and it is very picky about grounds, just go to their forums and read all the complaint posts about it.
I got mine close after figuring in the voltage offset.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, July 23, 2010 12:24 AM
AEM here. Works great.

Friday, July 23, 2010 4:15 AM
I love that AEM is self-calibrating and easy to interface w/ HPT. It's also generally cheaper to buy.

I believe there is a "free air calibration" procedure with the innovative, but i'm not sure what that entails. The main feature i LOVE about the innovative is narrowband emulation, and the ability to set the stoich for the emulation. You want lean-burn, you got it - just program the controler and done.

Friday, July 23, 2010 11:29 AM
oldskool wrote:I love that AEM is self-calibrating and easy to interface w/ HPT. It's also generally cheaper to buy.

I believe there is a "free air calibration" procedure with the innovative, but i'm not sure what that entails. The main feature i LOVE about the innovative is narrowband emulation, and the ability to set the stoich for the emulation. You want lean-burn, you got it - just program the controler and done.

the free air calibration is just turning the power on for like 2 minutes with the sensor out of the exhaust. so far I am having no trouble logging it in HPtuners

Friday, July 23, 2010 1:25 PM
Zs Z wrote:
oldskool wrote:I love that AEM is self-calibrating and easy to interface w/ HPT. It's also generally cheaper to buy.

the free air calibration is just turning the power on for like 2 minutes with the sensor out of the exhaust. so far I am having no trouble logging it in HPtuners

Getting it to log is not the issue, getting it to log correct values is, which is kinda' important while tuning boost.

HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, July 23, 2010 4:56 PM
My AFR's are a bit all over the place between 12.6 and 14:1. I'm aiming for 13.7. I've done the histograms 2 or 3 times and it gets closer each time. I'm running N/A btw. Does the AEM take a few runs or is it spot on?

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:42 PM
Zs Z wrote:My AFR's are a bit all over the place between 12.6 and 14:1. I'm aiming for 13.7. I've done the histograms 2 or 3 times and it gets closer each time. I'm running N/A btw. Does the AEM take a few runs or is it spot on?

It't not an issue of innaccuracy or inconsistancy, its an issue of how the data is scaled when it comes into HPT. Basically what you are reading in HPT will not match what is shows on the guage.

Friday, July 23, 2010 10:51 PM
So 13.7 in the HPtuners VCM scanner isnt really 13.7....damn this sucks

Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:54 AM
Zs Z wrote:So 13.7 in the HPtuners VCM scanner isnt really 13.7....damn this sucks

It might be, it might not, that's why it needs to be setup properly.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:24 AM
OK thanks for the info.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 7:20 AM
My AEM works great. Only complaint is the extra 10 feet of wire I had to hide under the dash lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search