AEM AIR/Fuel UEGO gauge kit - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM AIR/Fuel UEGO gauge kit
Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:00 PM
I have an 03 Sunfire and was thinking about getting the AEM Wideband Air/Fuel 6 n 1 digital gauge kit. My question is about the O2 sensor. My car has 2 O2 sensors and the kit comes with 1. Do I have to replace both sensors or just the 1

Re: AEM AIR/Fuel UEGO gauge kit
Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:08 PM
You add the AEM sensor to the system so you end up with 3.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:28 PM
Your text to link here...

I would read the instructions from AEM first. It comes with an o2 sensor bung that you have to weld into your exhaust. The sensor should be placed 18-24 inches from your exhaust ports. No you cannot just unplug one of your factory narrow-band sensors and screw the wideband in.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:29 PM
Thank you for the information
Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:47 PM
What the hell do you need if for? All your profile says you gave is an intake. Also judging by your question, do you even know how to properly read a wideband, or are you just looking to fill holes in a empty pillar pod?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:14 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:What the hell do you need if for? All your profile says you gave is an intake. Also judging by your question, do you even know how to properly read a wideband, or are you just looking to fill holes in a empty pillar pod?

Someone has to stimulate this economy :-)

Not to jump on this thread or this guy at all - but it seemed like an opportune time to have some fun :-)
Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:28 PM
Matt C wrote:Your text to link here...

I would read the instructions from AEM first. It comes with an o2 sensor bung that you have to weld into your exhaust. The sensor should be placed 18-24 inches from your exhaust ports. No you cannot just unplug one of your factory narrow-band sensors and screw the wideband in.

actually he can put it in the primary o2 bung but it will run in open loop and will run rich. I did with mine when I first got it before I had the bung welded in when I wanted to see what my afr was with my LE5 intake manifold. And how you stated that 18 inches to 24 isn't true. It's 18 or more on a na motor and 24 or more on a turbo car. As long as it's between 18" and the cat he's fine. Mine is 3" away from my cat and it works fine.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 9:37 PM
My bad i ment at least 18" if na. And 36 or more turbo. Online they say before the cat but mine works fine.

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:40 AM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:What the hell do you need if for? All your profile says you gave is an intake. Also judging by your question, do you even know how to properly read a wideband, or are you just looking to fill holes in a empty pillar pod?

I don't think his question warrants that kind of animosity, Ryan. At least he wants to get a real AFR gauge, instead of a cheap narrowband one.

I have no signiture
Friday, July 30, 2010 8:39 AM
Whalesac wrote:

I don't think his question warrants that kind of animosity, Ryan. At least he wants to get a real AFR gauge, instead of a cheap narrowband one.
If you see the sh!t I see and the people I deal with on a daily basis, you would change your mind... To be honest, its a legit question. If the OP can't even figure out how it is to be installed correctly, does he know how to read/use it?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, August 02, 2010 7:13 PM
It's not your money he is spending, who cares?

Monday, August 02, 2010 7:23 PM
He's just tempering expectations - sometimes we all get excited about stuff we don't really need. Trying to save the OP from either being severely disappointed or worse.
Monday, August 02, 2010 7:57 PM
I don't know his goals nor anyone else in this post... just doesn't make sense to judge him and to the point of making fun of him, whats wrong with people?

Monday, August 02, 2010 8:35 PM
We're not knocking him personally and nor do mean to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:46 AM
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:25 PM
I got one too but haven't put it in yet
I changed my exhaust , didn't puts cat in , and was wondering what's the second plug on the exhaust after the cat was because I couldn't get it off the old pipes

Is there no way to hook up the w/b to work with yr orbs sensors or yr computer?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search