Megasquirt and 550 cc Inj.'s - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Megasquirt and 550 cc Inj.'s
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:16 PM
well i plan on ordering injector for my turbo setup and im kinda stuck on which to get.....yes i searched and read but could not really answer my question......i have a garrett T3/T04e 57 trim .63 ar on the turbine......my intensions are to run about 5lbs for now ..and plan on
up in boost in the future ...but my question is, I was thinking of 370cc injectors with a cartech FMU....but then i was thinking if i go MegaSquirt v 2.2 and bigger injectors
( bigger than 370 ).....more like 550cc.....will megasquirt be able to tune them down for a good idle.....i know i have read where people have 550cc and a FMU and have some idle issues, but i was curious if the megasquirt can basically do anything I want.......thanks for the help i hope i made myself clear enough for those to understand....if not illpop back in and try to elaborate more.....and yes i will get a APFR

Re: Megasquirt and 550 cc Inj.'s
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:18 PM
that turbo is a little large for your application to just run 5 psi on. you need more research. also, it kinda depends on how much power you want to make man. with megasquirt, yes you can run just about any size of injectors within reason.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 23, 2006 9:01 PM
i may be small but if i plan on upping the boost then i think it should be fine........as far as doing More research.....i can read and read but i rather spend the money and learn from mistakes........i did research and i rather go with this turbo........but thanks for answering my question

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:27 PM
No problem bro I hope it all goes well for you.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 11:02 AM
yeah megasquirt will be able to tune those injectors down, i believe Roscoe is/was running 600cc injectors at one time N/A on his 2.4l with megasquirt..
i personally think its good idea to get what you want now, (ie turbo and inj) and slowly work your way up into more power later instead of upgrading and spending more money when you want more power

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search