Sunfire starts but stalls........Help - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire starts but stalls........Help
Friday, January 20, 2012 9:20 PM
I have a 1998 sunfire gt 2.4 liter I just purchased and everything seemed to be fine but now I'm having an issue with it stalling right after I start it , it'll run for a second or so then just die , it'll do this for a little and then if I let it sit and then try again after 15 20 minutes it'll fire up like there was nothing wrong. I just finished putting a new fuel filter and I never run my car below a quarter tank so the only thing I can think is maybe my fuel pump is gone out the door.......dunno any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance guys.
Matty

Re: Sunfire starts but stalls........Help
Friday, January 20, 2012 9:31 PM
sounds like the anti theft is going bad. it has the same symptoms. and if it stalls the car the way around the anti theft is to try to start it, let it die, let it sit for 10 minutes then start it. and thats exactly what your doing...so my money is on the anti theft. or theft lock or whatever its called.

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:43 PM
Do you know if I can by-pass the anti theft my friend or what part do I have to buy AGAIN.........lol
Thanks Matty
Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:06 PM
I have the same problem from time to time...its really annoying.

Monday, January 23, 2012 1:12 PM
There are some write ups on the web really on you-tube about how to do this.... I would look into it, really simple...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search