42# injectors and HPtuners? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
42# injectors and HPtuners?
Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:35 PM
Im getting a set of 42# injectors and hptuners. Will I be fine with them installed temporarily until I upgrade my fuel pump? Pushing only 7psi currently.

GMR has got nothing on this

Re: 42# injectors and HPtuners?
Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:30 PM
As long as you adjust the injector constant then you should be ok. At 7psi I think your fuel pump is fine.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:36 PM
It should be ok, just do a good tune.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:45 PM
You don't have to but it is good insurance...
Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:24 PM
michael castrechino wrote:You don't have to but it is good insurance...

you don't have to what exactly?

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 12, 2012 11:08 PM
To be specific, Fuel pump upgrade.
Monday, February 13, 2012 6:05 AM
michael castrechino wrote:To be specific, Fuel pump upgrade.

For 7psi, no. Doing the upgrade will bring down the injector duty cycle, making the system work better.

FU Tuning

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:56 AM
Good to hear I just want to at the very least convert to speed density and go from there. When I bought this turbo z it didnt even have a wiband

I just bought the car a laptop and hptuners and next. What is the easiest wideband to connect to hptuners?

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:30 AM
I just picked up an AEM UEGO, it should be in the mail today or tomorrow when i get home!!!!
you end up figuring out where you're going to mount these gauges? I know you added that second one to your dash, which looks cool but you didnt like it or something, right?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, February 13, 2012 12:04 PM
I plan to mount the wideband in the dash bezel by fiberglassing it in near the speedo/RPM gauges...on the sides.

But if i dont do that I might just go the traditional route and just have them on the pillar gauge pod...like everyone else :/

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:35 AM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Good to hear I just want to at the very least convert to speed density and go from there. When I bought this turbo z it didnt even have a wiband

I just bought the car a laptop and hptuners and next. What is the easiest wideband to connect to hptuners?

Order the dynojet on the hptuners site al the rest are a headache and the innovate lm2 is a pos dont ever by that pos. Lol

see ya!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:54 AM
Are u using that dynojet?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:48 AM
novaracer wrote:
DOHC_tuner wrote:Good to hear I just want to at the very least convert to speed density and go from there. When I bought this turbo z it didnt even have a wiband

Order the dynojet on the hptuners site al the rest are a headache and the innovate lm2 is a pos dont ever by that pos. Lol

Why would you ever run an LM2 in a permanent install? Its a hand held, the LC1 is a great wideband but the controller does not like heat. If you want to spend more the ntk is better, but for most people I dont really think its 60 bucks better.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search