Disable vats - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Disable vats
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:12 PM
I just licensed a new PCM and tried disabling the vats I set both to disable and did a flash calibration then turned the key off. Now it is in theft mode I believe because it won't start, it just cranks and cranks and no fuel. No theft light either. Do I need to go back in and enable vats and try the old theft system relearn method?

The theft light doesn't even come on now, because it's disabled.

Or did I miss a step somewhere?

Re: Disable vats
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:16 PM
I forgot to add its a 2003 bcm and a 2001 computer.
I have the bcm out of the 2001, just different vin or should it matter?
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:53 AM
Does not sound lke theftlock to me. theftlock usually lets the car start for 3 seconds and then shut off.

But try and enable vats and see what happens.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:07 AM
im gonna try it at lunch.

Im getting fuel pressure at the rail with key on, but the injectors arent spraying, took em off and tested.
the other thing ill check is spark, ill just pull a plug and see if its sparking while cranking.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:15 AM

Quote:

You are likely going to need a ignition switch from the car you are pulling the harness from. We have found that they are different from Ecotec's to non Ecotec's. Not as far as looks, but communication with the ECU, and BCM.

i may need to get an ignition switch too if this doesnt work
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:55 AM
re-enabled vats, did the relearn with the key, after 2 attempts no theft light on .......still no start
but i can smell fuel so im guessing the injectors are firing now, they werent before.

so if i have fuel then i need to look into if i have spark or not.
so im guessing fauly icm maybe? i did reverse the ckp sensor like i was suppose to.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:17 PM
If u smell fuel okay but to be really sure just pull the the fuel out and see if they spray....but yeah check spark cuz if u have fuel and spark it will turn over a bit. Pcm would be next.

GMR has got nothing on this
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:52 AM
it was my CKP sensor wiring, i had it backwards 2 times, i had the lines switched at the sensor and the icm, so it was still reading backwards, switched em back and it fired right up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search