looking for tuner for Circle Track Race Application - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for tuner for Circle Track Race Application
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:24 PM
im looking for a tuner for circle track (paved) racing applications

2002 2.2 with manual trans

the rules are pretty strict (no headers, stock intake, supposed to be STOCK) but its racing and most of these guys are dumping a lot of money in these things

looking for someone near virginia, or someone i can mail the ECU to program for maximum racing power

and hints for larger injectors or anything else that will appear stock would help too

thanks

Re: looking for tuner for Circle Track Race Application
Monday, October 31, 2011 7:18 PM
mess around with tire pressures, tire sizes etc, it isnt always about power. half the race is in the turns. i race a 1/4 mile paved oval with a 95 corsica, 2.2 and found that just by changing tire sizes made a huge improvement, im running 185/60/14s and runnin top 5, all factory motor, no mods of any kind, so its not always about power.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 6:39 PM
Have you guys tried to shorten the left rear control arm 3/16 to 1/4 inch to help the rear of the car turn threw the corners? Slot the hole in the lower mount and tack weld a washer where you want it. Just an idea for ya. I happen to do a little paved circle track racing myself
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:21 AM
i race a 1996 cavalier, and what i do is run a 205 60 r15 on the right rear and a 215 70 r15 on the left rear and on the front i use 205 60 r15's and the car turns better than any of the nissan 240sx's i run against
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:24 AM
another thing ive done, is I took out the 8 valve 2.2 and put in an eco tec, it comes off the turns extremely fast
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:28 AM
i also had to go to grand am struts in the fron, they get a better tire clearance
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:18 AM
I have a bench top harness. I can help you tune it.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:22 PM
Interested in a bench top harness my self, or at least a couple of questions.
Do you need the instrument panel?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search