Tune on Stock LD9 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tune on Stock LD9
Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:22 PM
Is there any benefit to getting an LD9 tuned that is stock or has just bolt-ons? Or should I wait and get a port/polish and maybe some cams?

Re: Tune on Stock LD9
Sunday, November 11, 2012 1:40 PM
I have not had a chance to tune a bone stock LD9, but with boltons yes.

I would say if your planning more mods wait, unless you are tuning yourself or a friend is doing it for free. If your paying wait.

I know someone who tuned a bone stock Ecotec and gained 8whp, that is a nice gain.

When I tuned my LD9 with all boltons when it was n/a it was a big difference, but no numbers to show the gain, just how the car ran.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 11, 2012 1:47 PM
for $600 bucks the gain kind of blows. i myself only gained 4whp and 1wtq (peak) from the tuning session alone but gained a ton because my knock sensor was out of whack so i guess that was a plus.

It's nice to be injected but love being blown.
Monday, November 12, 2012 4:15 AM
I've heard that people with other vehicles where you can buy an off the shelf tune (like PCMforless or places like that) were getting a little bit better MPG, possible due to a little more timing when not at WOT. But you definitely won't see any big gains. I'd say it's not worth the money.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, November 12, 2012 10:48 AM
Pcmforless mainly deals with the fbody side, where stock they will pick up power as the stock tunes aren't so great. They do gain some mpg but is mainly from playing with dfco and raising the timing in part throttle. If I recall before I talked with Bryan about doing a pcm for the 2.4 when I was running it where I want to say he said he could. His mail orders on the fbodys and such isn't bad but not the full out greatest either though. Since you mentioned pcmforless though I would stay far away from trifecta (Rude @sshole and his tunes suck for anything over stock) then I know the guy that runs lt1pcmtuning was talking about doing v6 and 4banger tuning where I would stay far away from that guy as well if he ever does.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:46 PM
or not
Addicted to meth wrote:I have not had a chance to tune a bone stock LD9, but with boltons yes.

I would say if your planning more mods wait, unless you are tuning yourself or a friend is doing it for free. If your paying wait.

I know someone who tuned a bone stock Ecotec and gained 8whp, that is a nice gain.

When I tuned my LD9 with all boltons when it was n/a it was a big difference, but no numbers to show the gain, just how the car ran.

Intake/header/exhaust when you got it tuned? I was thinking that plus headwork. Not sure how a port and polish would affect AFR and whether or not tuning it before or after would be best. Eventually I want to go boost but I don't have enough for a turbo kit at the moment.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search