check engine wont go away - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check engine wont go away
Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:25 PM
I have deka 60lb injectors.
I had a misfire in cyl 1. Found out it was a clogged injector, i cleaned the injector and it ran great check engine light went away.
After driving it a bit it came back on and said misfire cyl 1. Open injector circuit.

How do i fix an open injector circuit.?

Re: check engine wont go away
Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:30 PM
What was the code you got...

Misfire cyl 1 is a p0301 and a open injector circuit in cyl 1 is a p0201
Monday, November 19, 2012 11:06 AM
Both. I know Its not the injector because i switched them around and it was still cyl 1
Monday, November 19, 2012 11:32 AM
Ah...your the guy that bought the trifecta tuned supercharged car.

For both those codes I think its going to boil down to your wiring.

What does that mean?

P0201 means that the PCM detected a fault in the injector or the wiring to the injector. It monitors the injector and when the injector is activated, the PCM expects to see the voltage pulled "low" or close to zero. When the injector is switched off, the PCM expects to see a voltage that is close to battery voltage or "high". If it doesn't see the expected voltage the PCM will set this code. The PCM also monitors resitance in the circuit. If the resistance is excessively low or high it will set this code.
Potential Symptoms

The symptoms for this code will likely be a misfire and a rough running engine. Poor acceleration. The MIL will also be illuminated.
Causes

The causes could be any of the following:

Bad injector. This is usually the cause of this code but doesn't rule out the possibility of one of the other causes
Open in the wiring to the injector
Short in the wiring to the injector
Bad PCM

Possible Solutions

First, using a DVOM check the resistance of the injector. If it isn't within specs, then replace the injector.
Check for voltage at the fuel injector connector. It should have 10 volts or more.
Visually check the connector for damage or broken wires.
Visually check the injector for damage.
If you have access to an injector tester, activate the injector and see if it operates. If the injector operates, then you likely have either an open in the wiring, or a blocked injector. If you do not have access to a tester, swap the injector with another one and see if the code changes. If the code changes, then change the injector.
At the PCM, remove the driver wire from the PCM connector and Ground the wire. (Make sure you have the correct wire. If you're not sure, do not attempt) The injector should activate
Replace the injector
Monday, November 19, 2012 1:18 PM
Much Appreciated!
Friday, November 23, 2012 12:39 PM
Broken wire. The black wire on cylinder1 connector is too short, so if its still connected to the fuel rail when you remove it a lot, it'll eventually snap the wire inside and you may not notice.
Just happened to me.
$100 on the black wire for cylinder1 connector plug being broken

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search